Re: Ave score not changing for weeks

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jan 30 2019 10:40 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2019 11:30 PM

DoctorLarry:
    I had just not heard that would affect the average.
    Now you have ;)

Enjoy your day!

• Junebug1951
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 7:48 AM

I wonder if there is a career earnings trigger for moving up in the levels. I moved up from Tour Pro to Master precisely when my scoring average reached 67, as expected, but yesterday I was moved from Master to Tour Master with an average of 65.10.  I play tournaments only, and my career earnings total just reached $13.00 with a payout yesterday.  I think in my case that must have been the trigger.  No idea if a certain dollar amount in career earnings has an effect further up the line, but maybe that’s how you got bumped to Legend.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 10:15 AM

It's not the career earnings but the current win of credits! That 1300 cr payout (congrats, but don't be fooled to count it as $!) means a tremendous push to your tier rating.

I don't know the details, but your promotion average of 65.10 shows that it's not the same procedure as with the match play wins.

/methinks that all counts have been reset now - you need a lot of good scores or match wins or credit wins to be promoted to Legend.

Have fun!

• Junebug1951
    3 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 10:39 AM

Thanks for the info and encouragement, but I just want to clarify that I did not get a 1300 credit payout.  I got a payout of 3, which took my all-time payouts to 1300.  Doesn’t matter that much, but I just wanted to make my previous statement clearer.  I’m not sure I’m ever moving to Legend, but that’s ok, I enjoy the play whatever happens.  OK, over and out.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 11:22 AM

alosso:

/methinks that all counts have been reset now - you need a lot of good scores or match wins or credit wins to be promoted to Legend.

Have fun!

In addition to having fun - don't get in too big a rush to make Legend!!  It is a quadruple whammy when you tier up.

Tees are further back, greens are faster, tournament competition in the tier is fierce, and your average starts over - again!

But it is still fun!

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 4:33 PM

alosso:

DoctorLarry:
    I had just not heard that would affect the average.
    Now you have ;)

Enjoy your day!

This thread explains things. Thank you to Alosso and everyone who contributed.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 10:40 PM

Please read the thread, or use the search =>

• PAGES
RSS