skip nav

Forums

Re: people chipping.pitching,punching on greens

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 16 2019 4:22 PM by whooshdangit. 25 replies.
  • Luckystar5 United States
    1,319 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 12:48 PM

x1

Digg
    Delicious
  • K7JBQ United States
    1,358 Posts
    Sun, Feb 17 2019 10:20 PM
    Doesn't work on WGT but I do it all the time on real grass, at least within 10 feet of the green. So did Arnie. So did Jack. If the grass is short and there isn't a lot of crap in the way I find the putter gets it closer than any of my wedges.
    adrob2:

Never tried as wedges are so accurate, but should try it sometime.  Do it all the time on "real" courses:)

Digg
    Delicious
  • borntobesting United States
    8,224 Posts
    Mon, Feb 18 2019 4:11 AM

I have putted from the fairway a few times . Mostly on # 13 BPB and any where there is no rough between my ball and the fringe. Also done it a few times on # 7 @ St. Andrews front pin.

Digg
    Delicious
  • BigBlockVettes United States
    180 Posts
    Mon, Feb 25 2019 7:04 AM

It,s not unfair to play the shots you are speaking of, You have the right to learn them & use them you can,t punish other players for using them it,s fair & no PGA rules aganist it

Digg
    Delicious
  • Tigerpaw509 United States
    1,010 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2019 3:47 AM

Yep  its in the rules but notice how Wgt had crippled the wedges when on the green,I wonder why

Digg
    Delicious
  • whooshdangit United Kingdom
    1,182 Posts
    Sat, Mar 16 2019 4:22 PM

Hi

Tigerpaw509:

Yep  its in the rules but notice how Wgt had crippled the wedges when on the green, I wonder why

Dangit!! near brought on a panic attack, crippled wedging on the greens !
    I think that must have happened in an update, I never noticed and it seems to be fixed now.

Cheers!

Rich

Digg
    Delicious
RSS