Forums

Help › Forums

Re: W\GT Credits Purchase During CC Clash not showing i;n Clash

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 17 2019 12:29 AM (8 replies)
  • TomDouglas
    25 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2019 8:26 PM

I purchased credits to buy ball while in a clash and when the transaction was over and returned to game,  When we returned to the game to use the ball and it was not in my golf bag. Now I'm in a CC Clash and I only have the Unlimeted ball. this has never happened before and not sure what to do while in a Clash event, if I stop now, why do I event try to play this mess.

HELP

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2019 9:09 AM

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2019 5:04 PM

TopShelf2010:
    if you are within a game, used up your normal ball and chose not to purchase additional balls and defaulted to the unlimited free ball then closed then game, when you return to the game you will have to finish the round ( or forfeit game) with the LAST ball you had used.

Yes.  Basically, you can't change your equipment (includes balls) during a game, except for not replacing the last ball you were playing with - which will switch you to the rock - which you cannot change later in the game.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 4:25 PM

DoctorLarry:

TopShelf2010:
    if you are within a game, used up your normal ball and chose not to purchase additional balls and defaulted to the unlimited free ball then closed then game, when you return to the game you will have to finish the round ( or forfeit game) with the LAST ball you had used.

Yes.  Basically, you can't change your equipment (includes balls) during a game, except for not replacing the last ball you were playing with - which will switch you to the rock - which you cannot change later in the game.

Not exactly true. Even if you lose the last ball and choose to continue with starters, you have an option to purchase the ball you started the round with at any given point until the end of the round. All you need to do, is to hover the cursor over the rock and a red exclamation mark will appear. Click on that and you can buy a sleeve of what you started with and they will replace the rock. 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Jan 13 2019 5:24 PM

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Jan 14 2019 1:51 AM

If he had to buy credits to buy the balls I believe he had to close the game window to buy credits. I could be wrong. If he is playing mobile it could be very different. 

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2019 5:10 AM

borntobesting:

If he had to buy credits to buy the balls I believe he had to close the game window to buy credits. I could be wrong. If he is playing mobile it could be very different. 

You are ;-) And so is Don ;-)

I tested this for fun with an old used up freebie:

1. I was able to purchase credits with the gameclient open and the game active

2. I closed the gameclient. When I reopened it and loaded the round again, the first thing that popped up was the same large window, asking if I want to purchase more of the ball I started with or continue with starters (after I already took 3 shots with starters, before I closed the gameclient). I opted for starters. And the red exclamation mark was still there, so I could've purchased and equipped the old ball at any given time.

My guess is that the OP never knew about the red ! option and had no idea what he could click on that.

Edit: Naturally, I have no idea if and how this works on mobile, I tried it on a PC

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2019 5:32 AM

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 12:29 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    You are ;-) And so is Don ;-)

I stand corrected as well.

But what I can't understand is why someone will start a round without enough balls to finish and not enough credits to buy a sleeve when they get the last ball warning,

Sure the ball he is playing costs 675 credits but if he had enough money to buy the credits,why not just buy them before starting the round and the problem he had would never have happened. 

RSS