Help › Forums

Re: Drivers/TaylorMade/Callaway/Titleist

Tue, Jul 2 2019 9:56 PM (32 replies)
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2019 1:07 PM

Robert1893:

@futtocks12345 

First, I seriously doubt WGT would ever go back to tier-based clubs.

Second, I don't know what there is to struggle about. Some of us simply think drivers with more distance are not needed. 

Sure, they would be nice to have. But there's no legitimate reason for them. 

There is a very simple solution - one that’s actually been used by WGT up until this point. Make the clubs level- and tier-based, like a couple of balls (I forgot which one). Does that make too much sense? Then it’s practically a given that it’ll never be implemented. About the drivers, their main revenue stream is balls sales.  If there’s a 300yd driver everyone will switch to the cheap balls. Frankly speaking I’m very surprised that they actually offer the TS3 at 291 yds. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2019 9:21 PM

fobby1980:
    f there’s a 300yd driver everyone will switch to the cheap balls.

I think that is highly unlikely.  I use better balls for a lot more than distance.  I get them for precision, forgiveness, spin, and meter.  The majority of shots are NOT made with the driver.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Jul 2 2019 9:56 PM
    +1 Not to mention consistency. That's why I've taken to the level 43 Callys. The distance you figure is (usually) pretty much the distance you get. One less damn calculation to do before a shot.
    DoctorLarry:

fobby1980:
    f there’s a 300yd driver everyone will switch to the cheap balls.

I think that is highly unlikely.  I use better balls for a lot more than distance.  I get them for precision, forgiveness, spin, and meter.  The majority of shots are NOT made with the driver.

RSS