Help › Forums

Re: Player levels

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 7 2019 2:10 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2019 12:51 PM

Wgtchampion appears to make  crucial distinction here... is the person on your leaderboard in your division... because i dont  believe all your random matchups come from your own division but rather simply who is online and looking for a game...  if you are playing in lower level coins  rooms the somewhat chance assignment with hacks is far more likely simply because of the room you are playing in and it does not mean they are from your own division...  insisting the two are directly related may be part of the confusion.  

Like wgtchamp suggest a screenshot showing a hack in the higher division could allow them to investigate, but just matching up with a hack in a coin room doesnt mean they are in your division... ideally it would be nice but if coin rooms were structured that way you may wait forever to find someone from your division to get online... so we get whoever is available n ready to play as i understand coin rooms...

• jase025
    3,065 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2019 6:32 PM
    Works on amount of coins won each week , more you win higher our division you play in , as for him a level 5 hack . I’d say he does nothing but play coin games as to not tier up . Ranked rounds needed to tier up so if he not playing them he will not tier up . Question answered
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 2:25 PM

True for a L5 Hack but not in general.

Mobile Players are promoted in tiers by XP levels, too. Thus, they will eventually advance through the tiers independent from, even w/o any ranked rounds.

Certainly, there are some 150 ave. TPs around, maybe even TMs.

• jase025
    3,065 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 2:40 PM
    Hi Alosso ! No not that I’ve seen , I’m a mobile player ( lol under suspension atm come on the 7th lol apparently it’s wrong to call a goose a goose ) an never seen a player advance without required stroke games played , I do own a cc an seen this to be true from amateurs- hacks - pros not tearing up from only ever playing coin games , maybe diff in pc version tho Jase
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 7:56 PM

alosso:
    Certainly, there are some 150 ave. TPs around, maybe even TMs.

I have seen this too.  Seems to be a whole different ball game on mobile.  I know I started on coin games on mobile and went to Amateur on day 1 and Pro on Day 4.  No rounds played then.  I also saw quite a few players in the coin games with higher tiers but 150 average.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2019 8:14 PM

Jase,i'd beg to differ with you about the amount of coins impacting your division. Our rank that is handed out each monday is based solely on xp's. As evidence i offer that one particular week i actually lost about 30,000 coins yet my rank was 11th and was promoted. On another week i won over 340,000 coins my rank was in the 70's and was demoted, because i didn't play very much,thus low xp's. Maybe i'm wrong,but that is what it seems to me,and as we know your division is based on your rank each week.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Jan 7 2019 2:10 AM

IMHO, the point is that "mobile games" are the prime offer to mobile players. You have to walk through "courses" to arrive at the traditional PC games like strokeplay. It's well in the company's interest to upgrade the players by one way or the other, and they chose the levels.

• PAGES
RSS