Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club invitations

Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:10 PM (35 replies)
  • fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 7:56 PM

I would always ask them to leave their club before I would send an invite. A player that is in an active club I will not send an invite to, if they ask to join our club I would ask them to leave the club they were in and send me a request to join. That way I am for sure they want to join our club and I did not poach another clubs player. I let them do the asking if they are in an active club.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 3:04 PM

To the best of my knowledge it has always been that a player needs to leave their club before trying to join another. 

_CHAMPION 

• phipster
    4,427 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 3:49 PM

If only we could invite players to join our club...!!!

This is what I get in red when I ask a player to join us.....

Could not detect a valid invitation token. Please copy the complete invitation URL from the email you received and paste it into your browser

This has been the case ever since the last update when Wolf Creek was added to the WGT course roster. Like most clubs we scrub players who haven't played for 30 days and then once a week or so try and entice some new players to fill the gaps. Our numbers are slowly shrinking....

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 4:45 PM

WGTChampion:
    To the best of my knowledge it has always been that a player needs to leave their club before trying to join another. 

That is correct.  But, owners and others with admitting privileges could invite players who were a member of another club.  That is really important to me right now since we are trying to do a merger with another club with the cooperation and help of their owner.  Obviously, accepting that invite got one kicked of first club.

It also meant that a player who was looking for another club could ask for an invitation without quiting the club he was in.

(I completely agree with remarks above about not raiding another club, and I have complained about specific people in the past who were doing it.)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Jan 23 2019 9:46 PM

phipster:

If only we could invite players to join our club...!!!

This is what I get in red when I ask a player to join us.....

Could not detect a valid invitation token. Please copy the complete invitation URL from the email you received and paste it into your browser

This has been the case ever since the last update when Wolf Creek was added to the WGT course roster. Like most clubs we scrub players who haven't played for 30 days and then once a week or so try and entice some new players to fill the gaps. Our numbers are slowly shrinking....

Get on mobile and invite the player there.  It works - I just did it.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Wed, Jan 30 2019 12:10 PM

I am happy to report the glitch effecting "not being able to invite people to CC's", has been fixed.   At least I am back up and running.   I have not been able to invite people for about 3 weeks or so.   As of this morning it seems to be back to normal.  Anyone want to join my club, let me know.  Thanks.   Yahoooo for WGT.  Thank you for fixing it.

RSS