Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 9:18 AM
    CONGRATULATIONS ....paragon and diablos......both teams played great ....big thank you to finn dotty and nico for their tireless effort to give us all the enjoyment we have in participating in this world cup .....thank you all sponsors your generosity is much appreciated by all.......thank you to all players that make up the world cup......best regards mickey
  • PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 11:41 AM

The  world cup of golf 2019

Hello all

Well it’s all over we have our winners

Firstly I would like to thank every player who took part in a match either group stages of the knockout stages, I hope you at least have made a couple of new friends and have had some fun and banter along the way.

Big shout out to my team, dot who has done more this year than me which has made this more easy for me this year and not 24./7 lol.nico who runs the club comps so helps out when and where he can and is always there for advice when needed and of course Nigel who makes all the tables which all are in sync with each other, the guys a genius.

Thanks to all captains who have sorted out any problems between them and getting teams on time to me well sometimes anyway lol.

This year it has worked like a well oiled machine andI haven’t had to get involved much just a few hiccups which we will sort out for next year, one was the air shots which in my opinion worked well when all players knew what they were doing with it and I would like to put it in next year.

I would like to say congrats to my SEL Diablos for bringing home the Plate for me awesome guys from the captain pippa and his vice captain petey to all the rest thanks lads. The east coast team played hard and it was close in every match.

There can only be one in the Cup and the paragon 1 team have set the bar for all of us to follow, they have played majestic and are worthy winners.the junkies took it to them in every match and fought hard but just fell short at the end but im sure they will be back next year and have a few more big guns they can throw in the mix oh yeah,

I look forward to next year and maybe make it a little longer as I feel there was more golf to be played, last year was too long and this years has gone too quick so we will tweak it next year.

Wgt has noticed and I have been approached to help out in something they are putting together so we will see where it goes.

Lastly it is my pleasure to award the Cup to Paragon1 and the Plate to SEL diablos,

Well done all see you next year,

All the best

finny

big shout to johhny wigertoods for designing the trophies another amazing guy who can do things with computers im jealous lol,thx johhny

sorry they are big but just copied them onto here lol

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 12:51 PM

Nice speech mate.

I would just like to add my thank yous to Nigel and Johnny for all of your help with the World Cup, much appreciated guys

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 12:53 PM

Well done Paragon 1 for winning cup and Diablos for the plate.

Well done to Finny and all the helpers and sponsors and to auld man river for doing the cups ;-)

Well done also to all the Captains and teams.

Golf clap

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 8:54 PM

Great work Paragon 1, congratulations to all of you for winning the Cup.

And similar felicitations to the Diablos for taking home the Plate. Nice to see Finny getting a share of the glory after all these years putting on this show for everyone.

And so, congrats to Finny for helming another successful tournament, which is becoming beloved by so many. Clearly the best community tournament on WGT in my opinion so very well done mate, and thanks for all you have done to make it the success it is.

It's also nice to see Dotty getting the deserved recognition for all the hours of work he puts in updating the scores and keeping everything current, as well as all the adjudicating, administrating and accounting. Top work mate, heart applause.

Thanks and congrats also to Nico for quietly  beavering away to make things run smoothly, and for all the other work that he and the rest of the team put in before the first shot of the first match is even struck.

Also, great trophies Johnny, that's some classy graphics work and a nice cherry on top of an already great cake.

And lastly, many thanks from me to Finny and Dotty and everyone else who had kind words to say about the scorecard spreadsheets that I made for the tournament. I'm genuinely delighted to have played a part and it's genuinely an honour to be involved on any level in something so successful.

Congrats again to the winning teams, but I think everyone who took part are winners.

Nigel.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Jun 11 2019 8:54 PM

Great work Paragon 1, congratulations to all of you for winning the Cup.

And similar felicitations to the Diablos for taking home the Plate. Nice to see Finny getting a share of the glory after all these years putting on this show for everyone.

And so, congrats to Finny for helming another successful tournament, which is becoming beloved by so many. Clearly the best community tournament on WGT in my opinion so very well done mate, and thanks for all you have done to make it the success it is.

It's also nice to see Dotty getting the deserved recognition for all the hours of work he puts in updating the scores and keeping everything current, as well as all the adjudicating, administrating and accounting. Top work mate, heart applause.

Thanks and congrats also to Nico for quietly  beavering away to make things run smoothly, and for all the other work that he and the rest of the team put in before the first shot of the first match is even struck.

Also, great trophies Johnny, that's some classy graphics work and a nice cherry on top of an already great cake.

And lastly, many thanks from me to Finny and Dotty and everyone else who had kind words to say about the scorecard spreadsheets that I made for the tournament. I'm genuinely delighted to have played a part and it's genuinely an honour to be involved on any level in something so successful.

Congrats again to the winning teams, but I think everyone who took part are winners.

Nigel.

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 7:27 AM

You can say that again :)

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 8:16 AM

pipala:
    You can say that again :)

Ah...the joy of WGT forum glitching!

Ah...the joy of W

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Wed, Jun 12 2019 10:41 AM

Thanks for the kind words folks. Well done to all, from organisers to players, that took the time to help make this year's event such a rip-roaring success.

Thanks for the kind words folks. W

👀

👃

👅

@ Boobs: "Ah jess keeps rollin' along..."

• soliderock1
    1,550 Posts
    Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM

Thanks for the great tourney Paul and crew!  Was a blast as always.....Congrats to Paragon on winning the cup!.....See everyone next year.

E

RSS