Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What's up with the average score going up since WC?

Fri, Jan 3 2020 5:01 PM (54 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Tue, Jan 8 2019 9:23 AM

• ethylplant
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 1:29 AM

So I am now really confused. Are you folks saying that Tour Champion was only introduced around Christmas 2018?

I have been playing against Tour Champs for almost a year! How is that possible if the Tour Champion Tier was only recently created? I am not crazy - I have been playing Tour Champions!

Maybe something drastic changed during their last update, but on mobile, I have played several Tour Legends that had less than 100 ranked rounds for their entire career. When I asked WGT about it, their reply was that they do not discuss other players. They did tell me Ranked Rounds and averages are not THE method they use to tier up a player, although it is part of the equation. An algorithm determines when a player is advanced - thus some players can have 500 + rounds, and some as few as 50 rounds. It's a coin toss nowadays to determine when you will tier up!

And right now, I cannot really see ANY advantage of being a Champion versus being a Tour Legend. I hit from the same tees they do during tournaments (back tees), and I play under the same conditions they do. What do I gain by killing myself to become Champion?

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 8:01 AM

ethylplant:
    So I am now really confused. Are you folks saying that Tour Champion was only introduced around Christmas 2018?

I have been playing against Tour Champs for almost a year! How is that possible if the Tour Champion Tier was only recently created? I am not crazy - I have been playing Tour Champions!

Yes, the Tour Champion tier only opened up in December. Before that, the tier was by invitation only. And (basically) the only Tour Champion was icon. (I think someone else was posthumously awarded the tier. But I could be mis-remembering.)

Either you looked at the screen wrong or there was a glitch in the system displaying the other player's tier. But I've never seen anyone ever report such a glitch. 

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 8:04 AM

ethylplant:
    I have been playing against Tour Champs for almost a year! How is that possible if the Tour Champion Tier was only recently created? I am not crazy

No just mistaken . The Tour Champion tier started when Wolf Creek was added to the game .WGT will not tell you the requirements for tierring up thats top secret and never to be revealed . What has been learned has come fro the players tracking and figuring it out .

There is no advantage for becoming a Champion . Matter of fact nothing really matters after reaching Legend . Greens may be just a little faster but no big deal . There are now 4 tiers playing from the back tees . There is no where else to go but up since the tees cant be move back .

So there it is you dont have to kill yourself to tier up . All you have to do is play well and it will happen . Just take your time and play and enjoy the game ..Its all up to you .:-)

• BPeterson8256
    2,903 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 8:11 AM

ethylplant:

So I am now really confused. 

And right now, I cannot really see ANY advantage of being a Champion versus being a Tour Legend. I hit from the same tees they do during tournaments (back tees), and I play under the same conditions they do. What do I gain by killing myself to become Champion?

Agreed

"SOUR GRAPES!" screams the man who just doesn't understand. 

For someone who doesn't like the looks of the grapes, you sure are trying hard to get some. 😂 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Jan 22 2019 9:33 AM

I reached Tour Legend on December 4th, I'm keeping track and if someone has not already reported the rounds to saturation by that time.

I'll report it here. I have 72 RR now

• golfingguitarist
    56 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 11:37 PM

1,100 Ranked Rounds as a Tour Legend & still haven't reached the SECOND saturation level... plus I already posted here & you are not letting it post. What is going on?

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 9:48 AM

golfingguitarist:

1,100 Ranked Rounds as a Tour Legend & still haven't reached the SECOND saturation level... plus I already posted here & you are not letting it post. What is going on?

I'm not sure what you mean bye second saturation level.

In any case, how are you keeping track of the number of rounds? If you have saved all of your rounds in some format (for example, in a spreadsheet), you might want to make sure they all count toward average. Saturation for average for TL is supposed to be 750 rounds. At least, that's the consensus.

As far as moderation, typically, one is take off moderation after about 35 to 40 posts (not counting posts within one's country club). If it doesn't happen automatically (it didn't for me), then simply post a request to a moderator's wall (like WGTchampion).

I hope this all helps. 

• golfingguitarist
    56 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 1:01 PM
    To explain... I had already saturated as a TL & got my score down to a 59.24 & was expecting to advance to Champ soon. Then, last year when they released Wolf Creek, they changed the saturation lever for TL's & my score started rising again severely on bad rounds & hardly moved on good rounds. Now, I am at a 62.17 & the total number of Ranked Rounds since I ORIGINALLY turned TL is over 1,100. I only play RR's & rarely ever play the Par 5's which I know do not count. We are the only Tier that was affected last year I believe & I thought after 1000 RR's it would re-saturate. But it has not & I am starting to get very pissed off about it all. I have been more than patient but they really messed with our avg's.
  • Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 1:09 PM

golfingguitarist:

I tiered up from TL to Champion with 69 RRs played in between. And while i play some on mobile I have cut way back. i often don't play any mobile games in a week.

Who knows what algorithm they have.

RSS