Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Another passing of a WGT Friend

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 5 2019 4:01 PM (28 replies)
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Dec 23 2018 1:27 PM

I have to admit, I clicked this and hoped to see a name that meant nothing to me.  My apologies for that mean thought, every life is precious, regardless of whether you personally knew the individual concerned.

I only knew Art from his posts here but he was someone I held in very high regard.  The WGT community is a little weaker for his passing.

R.I.P. Art, thoughts go out to your loved ones.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 12:48 AM

Rest in Peace Art.

I first met Art through the 12 days of Christmas last year. A truly nice guy and even though we only played the once, it was a memorable and enjoyable occasion. Our community here, and indeed the wider world in general, is a poorer place without him.

It is a sad time of year for these things to happen, only last week another friend passed. Rest in Peace Rick. ( rdharuba2 ) and exactly a year ago Ray ( lungman00 ) finally lost his long battle with illness.

Sometimes we don't realise how fortunate we are.

Rich

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 1:31 AM

Sorry you guys lost a good friend.

Sounds like a really stellar guy. An unfortunate part of life that we all one day have to face. Just makes the days we have that much more important. Live every one like your last, you never know. The cliche, but it's true. If we would all try to leave the world a little better place to live in, it would pay off.

if we lived forever, how would we treat eachother? It's cyclical.

Peace

• doozemaz
    60 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 10:56 AM

I never knew him, but within the sadness of his passing, comes a lot of positive messages about a generous and dedicated person to the WGT community, friend and CC.  I play every day, but this adds a personal connection to this game that I love so much. 

RIP

• amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Dec 24 2018 12:45 PM

Art my friend R.I.P Brother, A true Gentleman, Lost but never forgotten.

Chris

• TNB2017
    453 Posts
    Thu, Dec 27 2018 7:52 PM

Just rusted up the nerve to play Art's tourney... Rather heartbreaking when I have another brother pass! Too many these days!

If Casey or anyone has his families info, please please pass on my condolences! 

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Sempre Fi Art,

Terry

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2019 4:01 PM

They suspended your brothers account my friend , They think he has two accounts because he is playing on your computer , I am trying to help him as much as I can , WGT can be a little blind sometimes . I'm sorry I cant do more , Ill keep trying !  I promise .  Your brother John is doing as you requested , He joined our club and he is a good man .  He is donating to the GOGF every month on your behalf . Just like you ask him to . 

It saddens me to tell you this , I hope we can get it fixed .. Ill shut down the GOGF next month in protest . Please forgive me . I don't know what else to do .

We miss you my friend !!!!!  

RSS