Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Equiptmet

Sat, Apr 17 2010 12:32 AM (4 replies)
  • ined2win
    2 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 6:03 AM

Why, if I play for real I can buy any driver, putter, and Iron. but you limit me to a tier before I can buy a driver  rated at 255 yards.  This is kind of dumb, because in the last 40 years the distance, I hit the ball has been the skill I had in swinging the club and in my life, I've hit a lot of 280 yard drives, However, now you limit me in equipment choice and my ability with a mouse.  As the song says  "hey mister, turn it on, turn it up and let me turn it loose.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 6:33 AM

Hello ined2win, this is only my opinion but I would guess it has to do with the ability to hit 300 yards from the red tees. When you can almost drive the green if not actually drive the green on par 4s and get within just a simple iron shot on par 5s.

I think they are trying to keep it somewhat even. You shoot lower scores and you get promoted to another tier. Now in the new tier you are placed farther back from the fairway, to account for this and let you make up the distance you lost, you can use more clubs with greater length.

Imagine if when you play in real life that you are allowed to play on the red tees with just basic walmart clubs, now if you do good enough, you can then proceed to play from white tees, and they will even upgrade you to some name brand clubs. Now you do good enough again to get promoted to blue/black tees, with this comes the ability to use w/e clubs you want.

Pretty bad analogy, hope it helps you out somewhat though.

• leetiyler
    101 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 5:22 PM

I think they are trying to keep it somewhat even. You shoot lower scores and you get promoted to another tier. Now in the new tier you are placed farther back from the fairway, to account for this and let you make up the distance you lost, you can use more clubs with greater length.

So what you are saying is that an am gets a break because they shoot from the short tee, BUT the pro with the steroid club still outdrives the am by 30-50 yds. Rusty, I respect you, but this club thing is so out of wack. It is time that they made another tier, those with steroids, and those with regs. The regs do not stand a chance. Today I played a steroid, won on the 9th, but it is very disheartning when you get to the 4th, and the steroid does not have to go over the sand, or the 7th when I have to give him an extra 50 on the drive, and then another 25 on the hybrid. Or the first when I am staring at trees, and his drive is 160 to the hole. So we both hit first bad shots, but he has no problem. I was lucky today, I asked before tee off if he used reg clubs, and he insisted that he did. Now I push the button, and if I quit, I forfeit. Absolutley no way that I know of checking his bag before tee off. I challenged a "69" master today to play me with reg clubs, and they called me names. That is the story at WGT

• ined2win
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 8:45 PM
    I came back today to see anything had changed. I still say if I want to spend the money why don't you let me use the clubs I want. When I play on a real course, sometimes I carry driver, 2 hybrides 3 wedges and no 2 , 3, or 4 iron. And nobody says I have to limit my ability to what everybody else pays with. Is the President in charge here also and telling me now how I play?
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 12:32 AM

ined,

if you go back and read the responses you got, you'll see your question was already answered.

As you move up in tiers, you move up in challenge. Tees are moved back, green speeds are faster, winds increase, etc. It wouldn't really level the playing field all that much if you were able to purchase all of the top equipment from day 1 and shoot under the easiest conditions, would it? 

Take a step back and take the time to look in to what is really going on here, and you  will see that they have a very fair set up and allow you to progress. If you are here looking for another ps2 type golf game that allows you  to shoot -24 on day one, this isn't the place. It is more realistic that any other golf sim that you will find, anywhere.

RSS