Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hitting Tips

Fri, Nov 19 2010 10:59 AM (4 replies)
  • Disfunction
    27 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 8:41 PM

Thanks guys for all the short-game tips but I now need some tips for the driver and longer clubs.

• PadraigMurphy
    16 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 5:28 AM

I do as well need tips for driving I have the basic starter driver. I friend of mine has the same set of clubs. I was wondering with the exact same wind speed and direction. How does his drives go further than mine? We both take it back to full strength and put it down for back  spin as well. Please tell me !!!!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 9:06 AM
    Padraig... your friend might be using golf balls that travel further than yours. He might be "dinging" on the center line more often. And he might be landing his ball on downhill lies that help to propel the ball forward to increased yardage. Oh, and into the wind he might be using topspin to bore through the breeze.
  • bradleyfuller
    1 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 11:42 PM

Disfunction:

Thanks guys for all the short-game tips but I now need some tips for the driver and longer clubs.

A well-hit drive is a thing of joy. Experienced golfers know that in order for a drive to be successful many things have to happen, and happen correctly.

It is one thing to hit your drive far. It is another thing to hit your drive straight. Ambitious golfers want both: far and straight. Accomplishing this goal is something you can do.

You can learn more techniques on how to drive farther from the best driving tips offer to all golfers.

For now, however, concentrate on hitting the ball to its intended target.

• 8buster8
    649 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 10:59 AM

when I started playing i couldn't ding the side of a barn, EVERY time I struck the ball, I was a touch left of the 'ding' line.  So, I started playing everything right to left; I would aim a touch right and "plan" for the "miss" a touch left.  If I did hit a "ding"(actually a miss for me), I made sure the aim was "good enough" to still be in the fairway, but maybe a touch right.  

this helped me a ton and I started dropping my scores quickly.  Also, without trying to hit a "ding" it takes away the dreaded "vem" or "beast" you may have heard of.  

i also always use topspin on a drive unless there is a risk of driving "through" a fairway. 

RSS