Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WTF WGT

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 26 2018 10:25 PM (9 replies)
  • spitlist
    119 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 6:04 PM

WHat is up with the brackets tournaments?  Twice I got notifications that I advanced to the second round and both times I started playing and got cut off.  Are you making a time limit to play a round?  If that is the case, I won't be participating in any more bracket tournaments.  It is a waste of time and balls!

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 10:07 PM

You played a few speed brackets lately which require close attention, the time allowance to finish a round's games being 30 minutes IIRC. There's not much leeway for delays!

"Regular" strokeplay Brackets are much more relaxed, 24 hours per round.

• spitlist
    119 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 10:16 PM

It would only seem normal (or fair) to let a person finish his game once he started it.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 10:42 PM

Imagine so. would pause his game for a day or a week and claim the delayed win - fair???

Nope - it's our turn to finish in time - observe the deadline!

• spitlist
    119 Posts
    Sun, Nov 25 2018 10:50 PM

So you let someone who abuses the game wreck it for everyone else.  There are ways to prevent that without rudely interrupting someone else's game that they just started and are actively pursuing.  I like that as much as having a 30 second shot timer go off on a particularly difficult hole.  So I will avoid playing your "Speed" rounds the same way I do a 30 second shot clock.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 2:21 AM

Where would you set the threshold?

And, imagine that anyone in a Speed Bracket knows (or should know) that it's 4x 30 minutes - any delay might spoil their planning!

spitlist:
    I will avoid playing your "Speed" rounds
    Pardon me, I'm not one of "Them" - just a foreign client.

Have fun!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 2:39 AM

spitlist:

It would only seem normal (or fair) to let a person finish his game once he started it.

All tournaments have time limits. It's up to you to observe the schedule.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 4:55 AM

DonCaron:

It would be nice if WGT could put a "End Time" somewhere in the tournament "Sign Up". 

I can't tell you how many times I got the proverbial - THUMP - Time has expired for this tournament,,,lol.  

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 10:12 PM

What type of tourney?  Every tournament I have ever signed up for has the schedule - including end time - on the sign-up page.

overtheedge:

DonCaron:

It would be nice if WGT could put a "End Time" somewhere in the tournament "Sign Up". 

I can't tell you how many times I got the proverbial - THUMP - Time has expired for this tournament,,,lol.  

• spitlist
    119 Posts
    Mon, Nov 26 2018 10:25 PM

We are talking about the STUPID "speed Bracket tourneys.  There is such a short period to complete a round that unless you bury yourself in the computer doing nothing but wait until the next round starts, you can never finish before you are kicked off before the time expires.  It happened again today when I was putting on the last hole in the championship round.  ! putt away and it timed out.  At this point I have said "***" the speed rounds I won't waste my time on them.

DoctorLarry:
    are talking about the STUPID "speed" bracket tourneys.

What type of tourney?  Every tournament I have ever signed up for has the schedule - including end time - on the sign-up page.

overtheedge:

DonCaron:

RSS