Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How can i calculate the roll out

Tue, Dec 4 2018 1:46 PM (6 replies)
  • alpenpirat
    1,124 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2018 8:03 AM

How can i calculate the roll out after landing on the green ????

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2018 10:12 AM

alpenpirat:

As far as i know there is no way to calculate the roll out on the green.There are just too many factors to take into consideration. Downslope upslope green speed to name a few, Is the green one of those where the ball rolls forever like 2,5,13. and 14 at St.Andrews. 

It is just an educated guess

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2018 10:37 AM

alpenpirat:

I agree with the post above. I don't know of any way to calculate roll out with any accuracy or consistency. Best you can do is purchase balls with better spin characteristics so as to minimize the roll out.

If you don't want to spend a lot of credits, the Callway Chrome Soft (Level 33) is the best choice. A sleeve is only 250 credits, and the balls have 3.5 dots of spin. It's a great ball. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2018 12:11 PM

Roll outs depends on the hole, some roll outs past the hole not able enough to stop even with the highest spin ball. In time you’ll know which holes where you just need to adjust your distance.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Nov 22 2018 3:16 PM

alpenpirat:

I can't calculate it - but I do record information like that in my notes and refer to it when playing the hole again.

• System3
    47 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 1:46 PM

There are some holes that roll out for ever & some that you fall short on.

Best to keep notes & on the long rollers & work your landing back to get closer.

On one par 5 ( at RStG or StA ) rolls so I have to land the ball in fairway to kill

most of the roll.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 12:29 PM

SlickHunter:

Roll outs depends on the hole, some roll outs past the hole not able enough to stop even with the highest spin ball. In time you’ll know which holes where you just need to adjust your distance.

And there are those holes that landing beyond the hole always results in the ball rolling on a couple of yards but landing short will always result in the ball backing up.

BPB #13 comes to mind here.

RSS