Forums

Help › Forums

Re: League for Nation + Champions League + Final Bracket Tournament

Fri, Jul 12 2019 1:09 PM (791 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 11:32 AM

Thanks for the update, the stats and most of all for the tournament itself Carlo. Lots of work for you but lots of fun for all of us.

Nigel.

• kilcourse1975
    2,579 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 1:42 PM

Bracket Match result

Wupta defeated Kilcourse75 1 up

Great game with a great guy and someone i hope to play with again.

Good luck to all who are left and to you Carlo thank you so much for all your work in this comp.

Thanks 

Mike

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, May 20 2019 1:55 PM

I just played my match against kilcourse1975 (Mike).

First and foremost, Mike's a gent and I greatly enjoyed meeting and playing with him. Great company, nice sense of humour, very sporting.

Secondly, he's a class player too. Some of us (cough...me) tend to just blast everything as hard as we can, but Mike frequently played tactically for position, which is smart golf. Some pinpoint approach shots showed he was right, and there were plenty of resulting birdies.

I felt as if I was hanging on by my fingernails the whole way quite frankly, and it was only Mike's mistimed shot on the 3rd that gave me a glimmer of hope. He pulled left into the sand while I hit mine 3 yards from the pin. But then he played a marvellous bunker shot stone dead so that made the putting nerves jangle. I just squeaked it in to go 1 Up though.

And Mike took it right back on the next hole with three solid, straight shots to leave a tap in birdie, while my putt was wild, wide, long....ugh.

And then we were toe-to-toe all the way to the 9th, halving everything. We were both 6 yards from the pin after our tee shots on the 9th with me to putt first. Fortunately (and I do mean fortunately as it was slightly mistimed) it curled its way in, and Mike had less good fortune with his.

That's was it, I win 1 Up on the last.

Thanks very much for the game Mike, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

Nigel.

• 1963Bubba
    3,305 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 8:47 AM

Hi,

just played my match against Andivo, an excellent player and nice guy.

Not much between us from tee to green, but his putting was in another league! He sank a 38foot downhill putt on the 3rd hole (Par 3) for birdie, for example.  And his bendy downhill putt on the 6th was stunning and a joy to watch.

Grazie mille, mate.  I enjoyed the game. Hopefully we'll meet again. "Buona fortuna" in the next rounds. 

Thanks for the tournament to the organizing team, it's been fun!

best

1963Bubba

• Andivo
    830 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 8:51 AM

I won, but Bubba was really a nice opponent for the game.

I was very lucky with the putts and this allowed me to win.

I thank Bubba for making me spend a pleasant afternoon in his company and also for his words in Italian.

Ciao Federico
  • amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 1:04 PM

Just a shout out to the Bracket gang and if anybody out there Streams the games live.

Fun for the Twitch crowd to watch or embarrassing as my game may be but who cares lol..

Will let you know when I am playing Dave..

Well done to the Guys already through to the next round and all the best to the remaining. 

Please get any streamed games advertised...

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Wed, May 22 2019 6:43 PM

brad and myself just went out for a stroll thru merion f9 and it was a good close match - i managed to pip him at the post and if not for a couple of very unlucky putts could easily have gone extra holes and more pain.

fun close match brad - vgg!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 9:00 AM

vgg Tom enjoyed the round.  Think you were just a bit more precise yesterday, and GL moving forward.

Big thx to Carlo for organizing lots of work was fun.  

• SSchmid
    617 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 12:46 PM

Thank you Darius for a great game that has found in you the deserved winner.

You were just the better player :-)

Great experience for me to play against such super people ...

Thank you Carlo for this great event.

Amisz0 wins 3 Up against SSCHMID

Godd Luck and Nice games to all who are still in the tournament

mfg Sven (SSCHMID)

• Amisz0
    94 Posts
    Thu, May 23 2019 12:54 PM

Amisz0 won 3up against SSchmid

Thank you for playing for the conversation and for your time mate. SSchmid is a really good guy, the match took place in a friendly atmosphere and mutual respect. All the best mate!

RSS