Forums

Help › Forums

Re: They Fixed The XP Glitch?

Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:15 PM (139 replies)
  • TomWillie0
    997 Posts
    Sat, Dec 8 2018 4:45 PM

If you read my original  posting S/A,you'd know that wasn't the question. When the "Glitch" was running,Premium memberships meant something, along with custom courses and "Course builder passes", and for that matter, "The Clash events". All these things were connected. WGT set it up this way.$180 to get a couple of hundred points more by buying a "Premium Membership"?....And I can carry 4 passes? Keep it......WGT left a big hole in this game......I just wonder if their going to do something about it.......Tom

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 1:08 PM

TomWillie0:

If you read my original  posting S/A,you'd know that wasn't the question. When the "Glitch" was running,Premium memberships meant something, along with custom courses and "Course builder passes", and for that matter, "The Clash events". All these things were connected. WGT set it up this way.$180 to get a couple of hundred points more by buying a "Premium Membership"?....And I can carry 4 passes? Keep it......WGT left a big hole in this game......I just wonder if their going to do something about it.......Tom

I'm baffled why you think that there's a need for WGT "to do something about it." WGT never promoted or advertised the Premium Membership as a way of taking further advantage of the glitch.

They offered a product. They specified the benefits. The product still does what it was advertised to do. There's nothing for them to do something about.

Simply because people decided to purchase a product to take further advantage of the glitch does not mean WGT now needs to make the product "relevant" as others define it. Besides, everyone should have known the glitch would eventually be fixed, and that it would be fixed without notice. If a player didn't, then that's on them, not WGT. 

Regardless, the product remains "relevant." 

Personally, I think it's a waste of credits, unless a person plays Cabo or Whistler a lot. Absent that, I don't see the value in it, even when the glitch was in place. Once a person is above Level 100, who cares what level you're at anymore? 

That's the other thing that baffles me: the obsession some higher-level players (> Level 99) appear to have with leveling up. Makes no sense to me, unless they believe WGT is going to introduce some new clubs above Level 103. While I suppose that could happen, have they ever had clubs above L103?

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 3:36 PM
    @Robert............ While the glitch was running, yes, you were able to level up faster, as well as help your club out, tremendously. Wgt knew that the glitch would entice many to purchase either the premier, or plus package. Yes, you are correct, that they still give you the same attributes, as advertised. It is just poor form that they allowed the glitch to continue as long as they did, probably with the intent of suckering us to spend on the packages. I'm just glad my plus package expired at pretty much the same time as when the glitch was fixed. I was comptemplating going with the premier for the extra passes, but as stated by many, wgt did me a favor, and saved me my money. I don't need to level up, but was doing it to assist my club in advancing. All in all, they woke me up to not really caring, as after level 12, there really isn't much to advance for. 180.00 dollars buys me 486 passes, and more if I buy in bulk, I don't use that many in a year.
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 3:56 PM

@Luckystar5 

I agree it was bad form on their part to have allowed it to continue for long. But I also think it's bad form to ascribe intent to a person or organization when we have no idea why they allowed something to continue.

I suspect WGT continued to allow it simply because fixing it wasn't a priority on their part. WGTChampion's comments from earlier in this thread could be interpreted as supporting that conclusion. Regardless, absent proof, suggesting WGT allowed it to "sucker" players to spend money on the the packages is unwarranted.

Finally, as I wrote, people should have known the glitch eventually would go away. If players chose to purchase either package anyway (solely for the purpose of maximizing the glitch), then that was unwise. I have no sympathy and think they have nothing to complain about. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 5:58 PM

+1

If you know it's a glitch, don't, make decisions based on it staying around forever. Things do get fixed, you know.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 6:16 PM
    Robert, I agree with you on everything except the suckering part! It's my opinion, that , the glitch did nothing but benefit wgt profits. Players leveled up faster, better clubs were offered and most likely purchased, better balls, at higher prices, etc. Profits had to really increase, then by introducing the boost packages, yes pure profits increased there as it didn't cost them anything as in royalities, or what ever they pay out. . It's also my opinion, that they didn't see into the future, except for profit margin, the up coming set backs. Such as now we have an over abundance of super high leveled players, with nothing to offer them, no tier ups, nothing, now what do they do. So now they opt to shut the glitch down, to slow players leveling up. Take a look at some of the really high leveled players score history, you will see that they aren't playing near as much, as prior to the glitch shutdown. I'd love to see their performance sheets on profit gains or losses. Anyway, just my nickle.
  • Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 6:38 PM

@Luckystar5 

All of that is conjecture. That's fine you believe it, but there's no way to prove it. Personally, I think it's simply a case of benign neglect. 

In any case, if the glitch was so profitable for them and they purposely allowed it to continue, then why did they fix it? And why would they now want to slow players down from leveling up? There's always an influx of new players who would want to level up.

If the decision to allow the glitch to continue were truly driven by profits, then they would have allowed the glitch to continue and introduce new clubs at Levels at 110 and beyond. They wouldn't have fixed the glitch.

They would have introduced irons with forgiveness and spin of 4.5 or 5.0. And they would introduce a driver rated at 295 yard or 298 yards. Can you imagine what sales would have been like for those? And everyone below 110 would be playing like crazy to get there. 

But they didn't. And now it would make even less sense to introduce new clubs at very high level (i.e. Level 110 or beyond).

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 6:42 PM
    Truth be told, I said this before, they probably didn't fix the glitch. Something in a new update, probably inadvertently fixed it! Lol
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 8:06 PM

TomWillie0:
    When the "Glitch" was running,Premium memberships meant something, along with custom courses and "Course builder passes", and for that matter,

I know this is a bit late, but my take on this is the opposite.

I never actually knew about the "glitch" until just before it was fixed so, even though it happened a few times, I did not know what caused it.

So, knowing about it would allow people to play it so that they got the biggest bang for the glitch buck, for themselves and their CC.  

Yes - having a Premier membership was a way to bump it even more.  However, now it seems (with the glitch gone), the added membership is about the only way to level up faster and WGT might sell more Premier memberships.

Who knows?  

• jabonic
    854 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 4:15 PM

14 pages and you guys are still at it.............LOL

Image result for funnygifs beating a dead horse

RSS