Re: Please Respond to Initiate Change

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 10 2018 12:19 PM (48 replies)
  • whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 1:31 PM

Hi

Tacoma802:

I should have known better than to venture into PC territory with a mobile issue.

At least we seem to agree here. We are now dealing with two different games.
    How can you be so sure it is just a mobile issue though, if it is an issue at all ?

fatdan:

LMFAO, if "you" can't play the "Mobile" version of this game without whining, as easy as it is, with all the new and "better" club, balls, and gimmicks on the mobile side of the game, please don't use that as an excuse to attack the Trolls!

I might not have been quite so direct but I agree with Dan. Only a few days ago there were T-shirts, hockey masks and yes, pumpkin heads either on offer or being given away. All vital ingredients to a good round of golf.

You only have to look a little further in the forums  (PC & mobile) to see countless new topics being started regarding different "apparel" and the varying distances of clubs. A pumpkin head, blue shirt etc and now my irons don't work!

Seriously, is it any wonder with all the different combinations that things get confused?

On a side note, I see you use the Taylor MadeTP5x balls. I stopped using them, as have several people I know far better than myself, because of the wild penalties in distance with a missed ding. We are talking here about the infamous pixel late / early which has cost me, in CTTH, as much as 10yds distance and almost as much in lateral movement. Not ideal either.

If you can find my bridge, you're welcome. Just bring cigarettes and coffee please.

Cheers!

Rich

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 1:50 PM

MainzMan:

Perhaps those experiencing more wtf? shots are also playing more rounds than they used to.  If we assume a certain percentage of shots taken will be really weird ones then, by playing more rounds, these shots will happen on a more regular basis.

Perhaps it's not an increase in the number of odd shots compared to "normal" ones but an increase in both and it's only the wtf? shots that stick in the memory.

You could absolutely be correct. 

Many times, the most straightforward answer is the correct one. Besides, this isn't rocket surgery. ;-) 

• Tacoma802
    400 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 3:00 PM

whooshdangit:

On a side note, I see you use the Taylor MadeTP5x balls. I stopped using them, as have several people I know far better than myself, because of the wild penalties in distance with a missed ding. We are talking here about the infamous pixel late / early which has cost me, in CTTH, as much as 10yds distance and almost as much in lateral movement. Not ideal either.

Thank you Rich, this is a helpful piece of information I was unaware of. Is there a ball you recommend? I chose the TP5x when they did away with the Nike RZN due to their similar characteristics and price. I also have a tough time paying 100+ credits more for a ball that claims to have the same characteristics as the TP5x with the only difference being the Titleist brand.

To your other point, there is no doubt all of the apparel attributes alter the game considerably. Many of us mobile players recognize this and choose apparel carefully in order to reduce the adverse affects it may have on the game. Theoretically speaking apparel attributes should only affect the game in H2H play and in Clash rounds (as of late). The observations of my original post have been identified across all modes of play regardless of apparel.

Thank you again to everyone that has weighed in on this thread with their objective experience as it pertains to the subject in question.

• Robert1893
    7,651 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 3:52 PM

Tacoma802:
    Those that have responded with only PC experience, do they have a “wealth of knowledge and experience” on the mobile side or are their responses based on “incorrect assumptions”?

The answer is both yes and no.

Obviously, there are aspects of the mobile game that are unique to it, PC-only players wouldn't be able to give informed replies on those aspects. The whole apparel stuff comes immediately to mind. But there are also mobile players who might not know how the apparel stuff works. I certainly don't. I've never used any of the stuff. It's a mystery to me. 

The yes part is that many aspects of the game are quite similar across platforms, which means many tips that work on the PC will also work on the mobile. A person would be foolish not to listen to what PC players have to say about the game as well as listen to the strategies for various courses and holes. Those tips are invaluable and work well in either platform. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 5:55 PM

MainzMan:

For me the game is playing pretty much the same as it has since I joined 8.5 years ago.  Putts still mysteriously just slide by the hole, shots land short for no apparent reason and sometimes the wind doesn't appear to have any effect on the ball in flight.  I can be playing great, sinking everything and suddenly it's as if I'm a 28 handicapper and playing my 2nd or 3rd round of golf.  Damn frustrating.

Exactly the same as real golf in fact.

Well done WGT, you made this online game just as head scratching as the real thing.

Those looking for an arcade experience where wind x distance x club loft / number of times you went for a crap last week always results in a perfect shot should look elsewhere.

I totally agree with you. It's just like real golf

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2018 4:23 AM

Tacoma802:

I am also finding the wind is affecting the ball considerably more than it ever has. Instead of making calculated adjustments for wind it had turned into a complete hit and hope guessing game.

Finally the putting has become practically impossible. I can’t pinpoint exactly the root of this but something is wrong when you see 75% of your putts rimming out or barely skimming past the hole.

I usually go months at a time without losing a single ball and have lost 2+ sleeves in the past two weeks.

I am hearing very similar reports to what I have outlined above from my fellow CC teammates as well as from numerous opponents I have played in the mobile coin rooms.

I must reiterate, if you are experiencing similar issues and have found them to be occurring very recently since the last couple forced updates, please report them here in as much detail as possible. WGT will likely not change a thing but will continue to alter the game until it’s unplayable and it starts affecting their profit margin but it is at least worth a try to initiate change.

I’ve only ben on this great golf game for just a bit over a year so I don’t have the experience as most that have replied to this thread. However, something I have noticed as I also have been experiencing many shots that have came up short, or way off to never never land when the ding is just a slight miss.

I mostly use either a Callaway L33 ball which I have noticed doing the same as you have described in your first post. What I have been doing lately is using some of the free balls that WGT has given me over the last year just to see if they will play different. To my surprise the balls did very well. Even though they had a less of a distance rating than my Callaway L33 I still got them closer to the pin than with the Callaway’s L33’s.

I’m not saying they did, or didn’t, but could it be possible that WGT tweaked some parameters on the ball’s?

Just throwing that out there, and by the way, I’m a PC player 99% of the time. So, this is not a mobile player only issue.

Regardless, good luck in finding a solution.

Dave.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2018 10:18 AM

In the time that I have played WGT golf there has been little change in how equipment or balls respond during various shots or conditions.

One thing that I have noticed is that on several holes (Bethpage # 2 coming to mind) is that I can tee off without having to worry about finding a tree that stands between tee and the best landing area. I really do think that the programming on several holes has been changed so that some obstacles are no longer in play.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2018 11:02 AM

HackWilson1930:
    I really do think that the programming on several holes has been changed so that some obstacles are no longer in play.

II agree. Merion 10 is the best example of this. Used to be you couldn't get near the green off the tee without some drastic wind/swing combo, like aiming way right and hitting early in the right wind. Now it's just a matter of getting the swing power right. 

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2018 12:45 PM

Tacoma802:

Thank you Rich, this is a helpful piece of information I was unaware of. Is there a ball you recommend?

While not directly asked I have to point you in the direction of the L51 Volvik ball.  It's stats are down in a couple of areas compared to the TM you're playing but it's also 150 credits a sleeve cheaper and plays really well.

For a mineral water company they sure make a good ball  :)

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Fri, Nov 16 2018 10:59 PM

For those having more wtf? shots than usual on mobile play, this is from a different thread:

SlickHunter:

I’ve noticed changes lately with my irons, played longer than what they used to hit. I play on Mobile, so I just uninstalled, and reinstalled, everything went back to normal. It’s a video game, and these sudden changes are expected.

RSS