Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Shots being short for no reason

Tue, Jun 30 2020 4:38 PM (21 replies)
  • quadrock123
    859 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2018 1:58 PM

Hitting the ding was supposed to give the the better distance and would go where you aimed. Now, for the last 2 months, i hit the ding and my ball goes nowhere near the aimed point. This even affects the putt. Don't know why this has changed, but don't count on the ding giving you the shot you hit any more. At least this has been the conclusion of myself and many friends. Hitting the ding is like a crap shoot, but you over come and adapt and move on with your game. Still the best and most fun golf game out there.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2018 3:25 PM
    whooshdangit:

Classic WTF WGT The 5 th at St Andys. A dinged 6 iron (180yds) with 75% bspin.

Call me a cab please Caddy!

not disputing this is a weird shot, but what is punch distance on that club? Am guessing in the 150 -160 range. it is would then make the shorter landing and catching the back side of a slope a more plausible explanation, not that it makes it right. still aggravating. Sometimes I have hit shots when it seems like the shot mode was changed or the mode I wanted didn't take (almost like a logic hang up) it is as though it is stuck and you have to reselect to engage what you are really wanting... probably happens to me the most going between pitch, chip, or punch modes. Will think I am on the correct setting and maybe the caddy switches it on me while I am not looking...
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2018 3:25 PM

• putterdog
    6,687 Posts
    Sun, Nov 4 2018 4:26 PM

TopShelf2010:

quadrock123:
    Don't know why this has changed

You have been here long enough to know that there is a cycle of sorts that the game goes through. More often than not, shots are accurate. However, there is a cycle of WTF occurs.

You might even notice that there are times when you think to yourself "OH NO" and it turns out to be a brilliant shot. IT is all part of the game. The funny part being you never see people coming to complain about their "mishit" shot ending up within a foot of the cup.

Don

lmao

• RenoRick
    108 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 1:54 AM

Balls hit over bunkers are from 20-25 yards short for me.  The same shot from the fairway with no bunkers in play is pretty accurate.  I have never understood the short results over bunkers.  If I add 20-25 yards to the shot, I'm sure I'll fly the green.

I've also noticed that distance is totally random when shots of about 100 yards are into a side-wind, either direction.

With WGT, your results are pretty much randomized.  I'm guessing the accuracy depends on how much $$$ you spend for clubs and balls..

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2018 5:01 PM

putting today was very goofy. Could not get the ball in the hole at all. Pace seemed quite inconsistent, leading to several 3 and 4 putts

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2018 5:51 AM

We should all be glad there are unexplain occurrences, otherwise we don’t have anything to complain about..makes the game very easy, and boring. I for one, would not stick around for this game, if it’s just that easy.

• STMills84
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2019 9:56 AM

I know this is awhile ago now but it's nice to hear I'm not going completely crazy! Hitting the ding and being happy with calculations and then boom....20 yards short? Thank you.

• RuffRon49
    167 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 12:54 PM

Shots coming up short is starting to be more frequent.  It does not matter which club your hitting but it is showing up.  Its happening to whole lot of people so the excuses I'm seeing means were all doing it wrong.  If you are messing with the club formulas then stop.  Playing for credits and not know about how far your ball is going to fly is to much.  Winds, green speeds, green slopes on top of this makes it tough on players that do not have the benefit of knowing inside info.  On top of that we play on non gaming PCs.  The better players shoot 27 or better no matter what for 9 and 56 or better for 18.  So us other players who have moved up to become donators for the super players only because we have played so many rounds and lowered our average (average does not go up only down) get thrown to the big boys.  Don't believe me look at the monthly statement of credits won.... each month same players.  Enjoy playing this game with friends and play in some ready-gos or I would have left a long time ago,   Quit playing in Big tourneys (ex. Open) because waste of time and ball usage.

While I'm on my soap box then why are Big tourneys the first round is unlimited.  Giving the big guns second and third chances to really go low is dumb.  Imagine real golf you could  hear Tiger or Rory say "gonna play first round over because I made few mistakes and I can go lower".  If you make something unlimited do it in a consolation type game not the Opens.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2020 5:28 AM

RuffRon49:
    why are Big tourneys the first round is unlimited.  Giving the big guns second and third chances to really go low is dumb.

It's everybody chasing those "big guns" that WGT's after. Think ball sales.  :-)

RSS