Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Best WGT Player of all Time!

Fri, Apr 12 2024 1:42 PM (1,957 replies)
  • craigswan
    30,973 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 11:31 PM

The highest purpose is to have no purpose at all.

This puts one in accord with nature, in her manner of operation.

Everything in nature has purpose. If it doesn't, nature gets rid of it.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 6:07 AM
    At one time, there were hundreds of local breweries here in New England as well, but as for me, I am allergic to hops. I gives me quite the rash. Oh well. As far as being careful what one wishes for, I'm not totally sure and would never try to guess (at least not out loud lol) the meaning there. I will say, though, that the man is among the most benevolent people I have ever been fortunate enough to meet,both here and on the golf course of life.
  • gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 1:37 PM

HenryKawa:
    WOW.  There is an opening for friendship

Annnnnnnnnd, there it is ^^^

I am going to dedicate all my spare time this upcoming year, to find Sir Henry, and myself, in a small Eurasian trip, this coming year.

Johnny is still on top, at St. Whichamacallit....

Then perhaps the flow may take us southerly, then, easterly through Belgium, into Germany. Henry has London downpat, so I will rely on his English prowess to pull me through. My CC owner Harry, is gonna hook me up with Megan.... So there's that as well

If I get way-laid in Amsterdam, then you're own your own Henry...

alosso:
    Let me add that I'm also looking forward to seeing German WGT players here and a few beers will be on me, as long as it's not a caravan ;)

Uh, I see. Some pond hopping, puddle scum, doesn't rate as well as some home boy cronies, eh?

Okay, okay, we'll see. No worries.

alosso, you did offer a hand to me, a long while back. I, as well as, MANY others (I'm Sure) were SHOCKED!

It was pleasantly for me. I am noted to be the least politically correct person left on the planet. Some things deserved to be said, under certain circumstances, and, I fill the gap, left by all the progressives leaving the room.

It's a dirty job, however, one I must endure......

craigswan:
    One method for fooling polygraph tests is to clench your anus during questioning.

Now, see here folks? A right upstanding societal member, passing on info on how to beat a polygraph.... One has to wonder...

How many did Craig take, before he figured it out, that it was in fact his ass, and NOT the technicians he needed to clench? Sorry Craig, slipped out, that did

Seems to have some extraterrestrial knowledge as well. Man, Craig gets around. As long as it's not my anus, he can orbit anyone's he pleases, even ur-anus...

Just as a factoid here...

The PROPPER way to beat the test undetected, (as a bum clench won't) is to only take THREE BREATHS in a minutes time. You can control your breathing and receive a positive result. A thumbtack in your shoe, is a fail as well

One needs to be uber cool, and in control

So I was told, by 4, YES COUNT THEM, IV. Technicians, all from superior courts indictments, I ultimately walked away from....

conveyorguy:
    do they have Stella Artois there...or at least ST. Pauli Girl ? (asking for a friend)

WOW, I just can't believe how my newest bestest friend is always vigilant, watching out for my smallest of needs.

I  am pretty positive Mike will have a hand in the choices of places to play over there as well

alosso, you're a man above an ocean of mediocrity

You have already proved to me, that you don't STAY BETWEEN THE LINES

Such as a coloring book from our childhoods...

Took a lot of Cajones to do a meet & greet, with a complete stranger. I took my hat off to you years ago.

I think letting Henry get to know you, would do you good alosso. His wicked wile ways, as a peace officer, have not seared his outward appearance towards norms....

HAH! Normal. We all know how I feel about normality..........

alosso:
    BTW, I didn't get what gonfission might have meant to say:
    ?Careful about benevolence, finish what?

That's just my "smack daddy way" of letting you know, you may just get what you ask for sometimes

You are showing benevolence toward weary travelers from afar, (in the form of ONE beer)

I quipped about your benevolence lasting to the last drop, of the first beer alosso

After that, benevolence is over, and time to pony up to the table on our own....

All in joviality

Best to you and yours during the upcoming holidays, and far into the future

Oh my, This just in..........

conveyorguy:
    I will say, though, that the man is among the most benevolent people I have ever been fortunate enough to meet, both here and on the golf course of life.

Well, I, I, I just don't know what to say here. I know Mike can't make a return to Florida this winter, (so he's not sucking up, not his way),and all my toys are here at home, not thrust into the side of his head, to elicit a response like that....

Perhaps someday I may live up to such a generous gesture.

The "PC" thing is gonna hang me on this one

Ahh, who wants to be perfect anyway? No fun in that, at all

The merriest of Christmas's, happy Thanksgiving to all that it applies to. All the rest of you heathens, go forth and worship the golden calf. Seems to be a lot of naked women doing this lately.

Doesn't make em bad girls

Tootles

--------------------------<*{{{{{-( 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 10:04 PM

gonfission:
    alosso:
    Let me add that I'm also looking forward to seeing German WGT players here and a few beers will be on me, as long as it's not a caravan ;)
    Uh, I see. Some pond hopping, puddle scum, doesn't rate as well as some home boy cronies, eh?
    Nope. These are worse off, with a few beers between all of them.

gonfission:
    You are showing benevolence toward weary travelers from afar, (in the form of ONE beer)

I quipped about your benevolence lasting to the last drop, of the first beer alosso

I should have been more careful what I wished for - it was better before I got it ;)

Alas, your banter relies on tunnel vision. I'm inviting 10.000.000 strangers - pardon me for limiting my hospitality to 10 M rounds of golf and beer, plus a few for Henry.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 3:10 AM

alosso:
    Alas, your banter relies on tunnel vision. I'm inviting 10.000.000 strangers - pardon me for limiting my hospitality to 10 M rounds of golf and beer, plus a few for Henry.

Alosso, your softening by the day now. 1st, it was NO HENRY!

Graduating to one beer

Escalating now, into A FEW for Henry

I must say, Henry is chipping away at the very mantle of alosso, as time passes. Nice to see old walls crumbling under the guise of credence and conviction 

I'll get a room for you two, in June.

It can be a party, or a cage match.

Only time will tell...

This is like a soap opera...

---------------------------<*{{{{{-(

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 5:17 AM

Get better reading glasses!

On Nov. 20 (previous page) I addressed Henry:

alosso:
    For a chance to become friends, let's play Habsberg golf course (www.juragolf.de) from next May(?)

It's the most beautiful golf course in the vincinity, 40 miles for me, 4.000 miles for you. I'm gonna compensate you with Freibier (free beer) at night :)

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 6:40 AM

Indeed you did

For that, you now face the very real possibility, that BOTH of us, could possibly be descending upon your turf. That's why one should be vigilant in exercising caution when asking for something

Somehow you also possess the ability to know my reading glasses are just barely doing the job...

Scary times at WGT...

On the flip side, there's free beer, and the most beautiful course for miles around. Can't argue with that.

Believe it or not alosso, you started the "Meet & Greet" in real life with Renn.

MrCaddie, Wayne, Eric AKA ?, Conveyorguy Mike, and myself followed suit, and, had a fantastic outing.

Not to be sidelined, Mr Kawa has now taken up the mantle, and stepped up in Arizona, and, has plans to repeat himself  in the future...

I have always tried to lead by example, (except in here), your lead has brought some great times to people that NORMALLY, would never have met...

So if you are in fact inundated with a Million visitors, remember, It was your own doing :-)

I for one am far better off, for taking the challenge, and, putting myself out there.

My only wish, is for a large contingent of WGT'ers do the very same. When you all complain about the distance traveled to do so, don't forget the Father of the "Greet & Meet", traveled form Germany to America

I, living on the east coast, find myself doing a fair share of traveling as well. The excitement of the new, and untainted exposition, has an uplifting effect on passing the time.

In other words

Forget your preconceptions about others, and go forth and find new friends, real friends, you will be so much better for having done so.

I bet my life on it that not one single person in here, thought Henry would go through, with the meeting in Arizona

No surprise to me, anyone that writes like Henry, has no fear...

----------------------------<*{{{{-(

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 7:36 AM

Thanks for the nice words - I'd never have seen myself as the inventor of WGT travels ;)

I also had contacts to Italy and Great Britain, but nothing happened from there.

The prospect of a company of two fellow WGT golfers is inviting, and there is a fine Gasthaus with it's own beer close to the course.
    BTW: Course record there is held @59 by Martin Kaymer, 2006, age 21.

And, you are right, I didn't believe in the prospects of the Arizona journey.

Also am I eager to follow suit with you:
    Folks, get out, meet & greet, get to learn more of the lovely people on earth!

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 8:15 AM

alosso:

Thanks for the encouragement, but after a military tour in the Balkans and Afghan, I've had enough of the "lovely people on earth"....

ct

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 8:18 AM

I think that jacket would go nicely with my flamingo pants.

Martin Kaymer has nothing to worry about. Speaking solely for myself here.

I have yet to play Henry

With his law enforcement background, and, my slightly delinquently desperado past, I imagine we have much more to traverse, than just a golf course

There in lies the fun in it all.

All the best alosso, just know, that any plane you see, at any time, could be whisking me, or, us, into your life, at any moment.

Now that's a real surprise...

Don't know if I could sleep at night with that over my head.

Literally

With that said, you still have a standing offer, should you ever want to grace the shores of "Old Cape Cod"... September is the best time down here. All Henry's friends have returned to the great white north by then...

Let's not forget about MrCaddies waves of terrible drivers, and holier than thou attitudes. Only to be outdone by NEW YORKERS!!

Apparently New Yorkers were born in the high speed lanes, of the countries infrastructure. They are fooking ENTITLED to do SLOTH speeds, while we're all trying to back home from a days work... Pfffft!

alosso:

If only alosso, it sure would be a return to a time not to far forgotten, when men, were men, and the stigma of peer pressure did not exists as it does today.

Gracious chuckles to all

-----------------<*{{{{{-(

RSS