Help › Forums

Re: Best WGT Player of all Time!

Sun, Jul 2 2023 5:04 AM (1,956 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 12:50 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

DoctorLarry:
    But then they were no longer virtual!  YMMV!  ;-)

I guess you're right, can't argue with that, doc. :-)

I did mean to mention that I think if is great when virtual friends become real friends!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 1:18 PM

DoctorLarry:

SimonTheBeetle:

DoctorLarry:
    But then they were no longer virtual!  YMMV!  ;-)

I guess you're right, can't argue with that, doc. :-)

I did mean to mention that I think if is great when virtual friends become real friends!

Yes, it rarely happens but it sure is great when virtual friends become real friends.

I don't know it's just me or it's the same with others but the older you get, the harder it gets to make friends. It's not like I'm getting more selective but there are less and less chances to meet new people simply. Even if you do, the "depth" of friendship often remains quite shallow unlike with your old buddies. And the problem with old buddies is due to jobs, careers, marriage, etc. most of them live far from you and even if some live close enough, it is awfully hard to get together, hang out unless you constantly make tremendous efforts for.

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 1:32 PM

SimonTheBeetle:
    unless you make tremendous efforts for.

Friendship is an evolving entity, that takes tremendous effort to foster trust, or care , in an individual, that is making an investment into two peoples futures

If more made the effort, the better we all would thrive

--------------------------<*{{{{{-(

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2019 8:05 AM

gonfission:

SimonTheBeetle:
    unless you make tremendous efforts for.

Friendship is an evolving entity, that takes tremendous effort to foster trust, or care , in an individual, that is making an investment into two peoples futures

If more made the effort, the better we all would thrive

--------------------------<*{{{{{-(

Absolutely! So true.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2019 11:28 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Yes, it rarely happens but it sure is great when virtual friends become real friends.

I don't know it's just me or it's the same with others but the older you get, the harder it gets to make friends. It's not like I'm getting more selective but there are less and less chances to meet new people simply. Even if you do, the "depth" of friendship often remains quite shallow unlike with your old buddies. And the problem with old buddies is due to jobs, careers, marriage, etc. most of them live far from you and even if some live close enough, it is awfully hard to get together, hang out unless you constantly make tremendous efforts for.

Totally agree.

Several of my long-time best friends have already died and they are irreplaceable.  Unfortunately a number of them died relatively young.

I think we meet less and less people as we age and the pool of potential deeper friendships gets shallower.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 2:47 AM

My wife wants me to sign up for facebook.

Says all her friends will love me .

Cannot think why .

Nobody loves me here .

Sent 14 valentine gifs last year .

4 strangers ignored me .

3 friends said it was cute .

1 wanted a date .

And the other guys told me - 9 holes only then it has to stop .

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 1:56 PM

Recent research at MIT has shown that only half of perceived friendships are mutual- only half the people you consider friends think of you as a friend, and vice versa..

I have two friends...

Well... one friend, apparently.

I feel lonely all of a sudden.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 2:01 PM

Ronald McDonald’s official job title within McDonald’s is “Chief Happiness Officer”.

As long as he does not get between me and my Big Mac he did his job as Chief Happiness Officer just right.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 2:58 AM

Henry sent this from his vacation in norway .

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 3:02 AM

same in long beach this week .

RSS