twinponds169:

Ducati916:

For now, I think he is the best golfer ever IRL. He shot a course record 58

How did he do on the second hole?

He had meter issues and had to restart.

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 2:54 PM

Ok...here's the story....Henry arrived before I did....credit to him as he had about an hour & 15 minute drive from Casa Grande. The weather was cool and raining a little...Henry said his wing was a little sore from the indoor sky diving facility. Apparently, he is the best ever to indoor sky dive as well...so, I gave him the choice to play or just have some food and drinks....We went to the driving range and hit balls for about 30 minutes and the weather lightened up somewhat. He opted to pass on the golf as he said something about not wanting it to affect his match play record....So, we went to a nearby watering hole and had some food and a few drinks.  Good thing too as it started raining again after we'd been there for a short while...I had some light hail in the back of my truck when I got home.  Henry footed the bill as he said he would in one of his earlier posts about his travels.  Many may be surprised to hear that he brought me quite a bit of Canadian police swag...and showed me the badge and some other verifiable info to support his long career as a public servant. Much credit to anyone who spends that long serving as a police officer. Thanks for the patches, pins, etc Henry....very nice of you.

We talked about WGT and the forums, people we chat with, some who have passed away, the hundreds of thousands who don't particularly care for him, etc.  All in all, it was a nice couple of hours.

My sense is, Henry takes it to heart when people bash him...but, I also think he enjoys a little of the feather ruffling. He clearly knows that his "best ever" posts inflame some and amuse others.  In this case, he lived up to his word...at least about his past life in the PD and about making the drive and meeting in person. I can't speak to some of the other claims as we didn't go through his posting history for me to decide true or false...we just had a nice chat....Henry...if you're back through this way, the golf is on me.....just be ready to take the match play beatdown.  Safe travels back to Canuckistan.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 3:48 PM

Ducati916:
    Ok...here's the story

OUT FN STANDING.

Thank you so much for the update

Don

• HenryKawa
    1,720 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2019 10:08 PM

Thank you Duc.   There are many great people on WGT and I am happy to have met (in person) one of the nicest friendliest OF ALL TIME.   Too bad the weather was so crazy, but I promise I will return for a rematch some day.  And the invitation goes out to you as well, if you ever happen to go north of the 49th parallel.  

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 6:33 AM

So, er, ah,

Which one is Ducati, and which one is my bestest bud??

Strictly asking for a friend

Henry on the left?

Lefty looks like the bar tender to me... You're not pulling a fast one here, are you Henry?

🍁

----------------------------------<*{{{{{-(

Edit: This is turning out to be better than the "Let's be honest" thread. What with pictures now.

Good on you boys for stepping up. How bout others throw their mugs in here. Henry, you must have at least SOME of your fellow Canucks mug shots, in your old data base.

I see some pretty nefarious peeps from the great way up north, skulking around in here . Albeit they are all friendly......

OUT THEM!!!  ;-)

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:12 AM

gonfission:

So, er, ah,

Henry would be the Canadian one...lol.....the answer would be from the earlier picture where I posted myself and the RCMP Dudley Do-right (Brendan Fraser)

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:17 AM

HenryKawa:

Thank you Duc.   There are many great people on WGT and I am happy to have met (in person) one of the nicest friendliest OF ALL TIME.   Too bad the weather was so crazy, but I promise I will return for a rematch some day.  And the invitation goes out to you as well, if you ever happen to go north of the 49th parallel.  

Was a pleasure Henry. Wish we could have spent more time and played a round, but, the way the weather ended, it was best that we just settled for some range time.  Enjoy your trip to Yuma today, and, I hope to see you next year so we can determine the greatest match play IRL golfer of all time---well, at least of that day...lol

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:20 AM

Oh man, now Ducati is fookin with me...

You talkin about the Feb 21st post, that has the little box with a black X in it, where a picture used to be??

I'm always up for the cerebral comedy, but this is just cruel!

Go on with your bad self Ducati......

Congrats on the meet with our boy Henry. I love to see the faces with the names. Even if they take the pictures down, and I am left in total confusion... LMMFAO

---------------------------------<*{{{{{-(

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:48 AM

Ducati916:

gonfission:

So, er, ah,

Henry would be the Canadian one...lol.....the answer would be from the earlier picture where I posted myself and the RCMP Dudley Do-right (Brendan Fraser)

Ducati is on the left drinking what looks to be a "Shirley Temple" and Hank is on the right enjoying his "soda". I want to know what the appetizer is?

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Feb 22 2019 7:57 AM

gonfission:

Oh man, now Ducati is fookin with me...

You talkin about the Feb 21st post, that has the little box with a black X in it, where a picture used to be??

wow...just looked back...the picture is gone...I promise it wasn't me that took it down...let's see if it stays back up...........perhaps some police intervention???

RSS