Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Windages, distances and great shots at an all time low!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:41 AM (3 replies)
  • Perkupmyputter
    435 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:26 AM

Something is wrong with WGT for quite a while now, like 3-4 months started to notice the calculations being way off compared to a year ago....and I have gr8 clubs and balls!

Besides distances, evevations and windages being off track everywhere ( some courses are worse than others) here is evidence of an error by WGT that speaks volumes to what me and others have to accept as "normal" playing incidences on a daily. basis....!!

Watch this flop shot from 20 yards roll right over the center of the hole at a snails pace....with the pin still in!

replay.aspx?ID=98d0eb38 ec50 47cf 89e3 a98501132488

Use camera view 2 for a close-up of this unbelievable "miss" as computed by your outdated software, causing multiple problems throughout the courses!

Very frustrated lately, please make some technical changes to this game. It is gradually headed for the junk pile.

~Perk

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:16 AM

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 9:53 AM

Regarding your replay p.u.m.p., it's understandable to be annoyed by a shot like that, and I'm sure a great many of us have had them, but don't forget it works the other way too.

If your shot had gone the other side of the hole, maybe on a trajectory like this...

...and dropped in when it looked like it should not have, then you probably wouldn't have come to the forum and posted about it saying that it should not have dropped because it was too far right of the hole. 

The computed hole is a certain size and, as frustrating as it is to aim at something that may not be exactly where it appears to be, the 'should've gone ins'  and the 'should not have gone ins'  (which you rarely hear about) are probably equal in quantity.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 10:41 AM

ScottHope:
    the 'should've gone ins'  and the 'should not have gone ins'  (which you rarely hear about) are probably equal in quantity.

^^^^This.

I have thanked the game a few times for a shot that I did not hit so well but the result was much better than it should have been!

Remember - there is a mathematical model and a visual representation of that model.  Sometimes they are not quite in sync.

RSS