Help › Forums

Re: Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:15 PM

Normal 0 false false false EN-US ZH-CN X-NONE

I’m sorry to hear that.

Try watching some of the Twitch streamers to see how they do it.

My channel is: http://www/twitch.tv/OMP_Cyclops

Also Walk0flife streams and Young46 among a few others.  (follow their channel and you can get an Email alert when the come online if you like)

I hope this helps a little … when you watch the streamers, type in the chat and ask us questions.  We usually are happy to help you out.

Cheers,

Ezzy

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 4:20 PM

Caggiano62:
    I've been trying to score on this game for years and still no improvement

Get rid of the putter you're using, it's only for beginners. Use the other free one in your bag and you'll see a huge difference.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 4:21 PM
    Caggiano62:
    I blow good rounds from 4 & 5 putting.
    I see your bag is equipt with an EZ-swing putter and driver. Change those two clubs to the regular starters and see if you can catch on to how easy it really is.

Damn Ninga-ed By YJ! ;-)

• Rick44940
    8 Posts
    Sun, Dec 31 2017 1:17 PM

What bothers me more than speed is the algorithm WGT uses for line. I’ve often had a 3’ break built into a putt, say 3’ right. I aim 3’ left of the hole and then the ball comes off the putter pushed well right missing 4-5’ below the hole. It never was on the line I laid out, Ever. Very frustrating!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 9:16 AM

Rick,

That happens when there is a sharp break at the beginning of the putt. It's completely counter intuitive, but on WGT the putting line is influenced more by a break at the beginning of the putt than than further down line or at the end. Check both conventional and reverse views before putting, and, if there's a lot of break early, factor that in to your line.

• Rick44940
    8 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2018 11:08 AM

Thank you for reply. I’ll keep that in mind. Appreciate your illuminating feedback.

• SVole1
    47 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2018 5:16 PM

Short putts is one area where I don't have problems any more (there are still plenty where I do!). What works for me is to hit them off-ding without moving the marker at all. If the putt breaks appreciably to the right, I hit it early and vice-versa. Straight putts I will move the marker and ding them, however. Very reliable up to 3 feet or so, and worth trying on longer ones where I have no idea where to set the marker.

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Mar 23 2018 10:55 AM

SVole1:

Short putts  hit them off-ding without moving the marker at all. If the putt breaks appreciably to the right, I hit it early and vice-versa. 

your Rossa L55 putter is renowned for that method. 

• SVole1
    47 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 11:25 AM

Yes, it was surprisingly cheap too. I also found my L33 Odyssey Versa Black a significant improvement on the starter putter.

Back to doing a few surveys; I manage to get enough from them to keep me in balls. Using the Play9 ones atm, have tried one or two at 650 credits but that seems to make the water and OOB magnetic. Also any which add distance tend to foul up my club distances boohoo.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 24 2018 10:56 PM

SVole1:
    Back to doing a few surveys; I manage to get enough from them to keep me in balls. Using the Play9 ones atm,

If you really want a decent ball to go with those irons, check out the Tour-SD. I used that combo to get to Legend way back when and at 65 credits a sleeve, you'd get 3 of them for what you're paying for those Play9s. Little less distance and a faster meter (which I liked) but very easy to get used to and they play well off ding. Great value.

FWIW, I went from those to the 33 Callaways which were the cheapest decent balls. From there I wound up with the cheapest Nike which I use to this day with great results. You're wise to lay off the expensive ones at this time.

RSS