Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • dryspot
    690 Posts
    Sun, Jul 31 2016 1:12 PM

Pretty amazing how some on here can shoot in the 50's on 18 holes i been here 6 yrs and i played a lot of people. But i never played anyone that good its strange imo.

• Heverly0
    10 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 9:10 AM

Can someone please explain to me how my ball goes 1.3 ft and hooks hard left, when I'm putting from 3.5 ft away from the hole, on a flat surface and I use about 5ft of power. Oh and I missed the Dline by a tiny fraction. My putter was the Odyssey black whatever. (The one you unlock at L33.

On a different hole, same course. I'm about 20 ft away. The grid says it's all uphill slope with a left to right slope 3/4 of the distance. So I adjust my shot to break about 3ft left of the hole. The power this time was perfect. But my ball didn't break an inch. It stopped exactly where I placed my marker.. ultimately I ended up dropping from the tournament and forfeit the CR. I was hitting every fairway and every green in regulation. But I was +10 after 5 holes due to this horrendous putting system.

I really want to enjoy this game.  I play golf 1-2 times a week in real life. I've bought every golf  game currently out on both my consoles. I'm fairly good at putting. But I for the life of me can't grasp how the mechanics on this game even works.  It's just so inconsistent. I was going to buy CR to enter some tournaments. But I can't even finish one round at this point due to getting so frustrated.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 12:33 PM

Practice, practice, practice. Putting is by far the hardest part of this game. Eventually, you'll figure it out, but in the meantime, don't waste credits in tournaments.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2016 12:33 PM

Practice, practice, practice. Putting is by far the hardest part of this game. Eventually, you'll figure it out, but in the meantime, don't waste credits in tournaments.

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 12:28 AM

Hello  Paul long time no see hope ur doing good but on a more serious note wish my putting game was as good as my overall avg im usually good at golf games except for  this one i have tried n tried just cant seem to get it right.

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 3:05 PM

Hi all,  I posted a thread (probably in the wrong place) about an excel sheet for putting distances.

Check it out HERE.

Hope it helps you all out.

Please let me know if you like it and/or need help in using it.

Cheers,

Ezzy (Jane)

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Sat, Sep 3 2016 5:55 PM

yea how would u use it let me know please

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Sun, Sep 4 2016 3:12 AM

How to use the spreadsheet:

- First, download it, copy it, or ask me for your own excel file so you have it locally on your computer.

- Next, enter your meter numbers in the yellow cells so they match the options of your putter.

- No you need to calibrate ... go to a nice flat green (St. A's #1 or 9)? and set up a relatively flat 30+ foot putt. (IN PRACTICE MODE) ... then set the green speed, distance & elevation & hit the shot (DO NOT AIM TO MAKE THE SHOT)  adjust the green speed so your shot travels about 2ft past the distance you have (Distance + Elevation) ... you can do this for all green speeds, or just one (I suggest 12 or 13 speed depending on which is more important to you)

- from now on, you start a round by entering the green speed (plus/minus your own offset)

- Enter the distance and elevation of each putt, and use the percentage for whatever meter you like (Blue cells).

please read all the notes I have on the sheet so you don't have too many problems.  As always, this tool is NOT perfect, and you will learn how to make your own adjustments to make it work better for you.

Enjoy :)

RSS