Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Mar 11 2016 9:01 AM

The EZ swing meter is attached to the club, so to change it you will need to equip a different putter. 

_CHAMPION

• ECK13
    116 Posts
    Tue, May 24 2016 2:49 PM

Very nice tips here but do me no good. I play on Android tablet so trying to count move Monts n such do no good. I'd like to know how to move flag w finger n judge which way of center to hit for the break. Right now if on green I just hit straight n hope I'm close enough to have a 1 or 2 putt for par or birdie. Any advice on this? TY

• localbistro
    237 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2016 1:23 AM

Brother are you playing with a phone? Cause if you play with a phone is not that easy. You lose precision, the small your screen  the hard will be to play. What level you on? Thank you and good luck

andrea aka localbistro 

• localbistro
    237 Posts
    Wed, May 25 2016 1:25 AM

Ok sorry i see now, you play on a tablet! Same think very hard to play.

• StephanieCA
    258 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 1:36 PM

I play on my phone which has a small screen (Motorola Droid) and it seems to work pretty well. I play on the App though. I can see the dots moving, their direction and their speed. Are you refering to playing the online version on your tablet? If so, that might be a challenge - I plan on trying that soon.....

Steph

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 1:58 PM

ECK13:
    I'd like to know how to move flag w finger n judge which way of center to hit for the break.

The movements don't do you any good because there aren't any with the mobile version. In the PC version the putter jerks when you swing and you can assign values to those "jerks", or movements.

When you're on the green the dots you see will be moving either left or right. What they are doing is showing you a slope. How fast they roll tells you how steep the slope is-the faster the dots, the steeper the slope. If they're rolling right to left, your putt is going to curve left so you would aim to the right enough for it to roll down to the hole.

Conversely, if the dots are rolling left to right your putt will curve to the right and you would aim to the left. Your putt will always want to roll the same way the dots do. Now, you can either aim against the way the dots roll or hit off center on the side against the way the dots are rolling.

One thing that's pretty consistent is if you miss off center on the same side as the way the dots are rolling you will always miss. Hope this all makes sense to you.  :-)

• ECK13
    116 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 2:18 PM

Steph, TY so much. Yes I play on line w android tab. I just can't seem to get putting down. I heard tabs r new for game n a little harder to play on. I'm shooting 76.48 so I guess its not too bad. My videos don't WK half the time so its hard to keep good balls. TY for ur info.:-) 

• ECK13
    116 Posts
    Thu, May 26 2016 2:30 PM

Jim, TY very much. I was told to move flag towards the way balls were rolling. But say I don't move flag n balls rolling left to right how do I know how short to stop meter left of center? I need better balls but videos r messed up n I can't afford good ones very often. I use Taylor Ghost putter, was told I need a different one. Any suggestions on that? I'm lvl  81 shooting 76.48 but like to get lower n I don't believe in using a calculator,lol never seen a Real golfer w one:-)  TY for ur tips, I'll try them out.

RSS