Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • JODYSWALLOWS
    448 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 7:44 PM

actualy  i  dont  want  to  be a  legend,Ime gonna  stay at  master  in thes  spot.  tees are  shorter   and is  perfect  for  me,  but  thnx  for  the  support.and i  do  use  my  formula   every  game. actualy  it  comes  natural to  me now  in  my   mind.

Jody!

• JODYSWALLOWS
    448 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2015 11:40 PM

Well said, And i'me not  Einstien   either but I did take  trig. and  calculus in colledge. I worked on this formula for  over a month  tweaking  and making changes  in  my  spare time till i  got very close. it works for me  perfect. ican get 80 ft. putts  with in 12 to 18"  of the hole every time on any green any green speed. Remember  WGT changes  the green  speeds regularly usualy  every month  so you have to tweak  youre  notes or  youre mind  witch ever you keep them. Also remember  you're putter and type of ball you have  makes a lot of difference in this formula. This formula is not that hard to  use. Once you get use to it ,  it becomes a habit in youre mind and  is fast to calculate. So like i said  Tweak  it to fit  youre need.

Thanks everyone, JODY!

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2015 9:10 PM

I been trying 2 figure out the putting here for 5 yrs still have no clue the greens change seems like everyday not much chance of being consistent. And most tips i read i dont understand them so i just do what i can.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2015 9:46 PM

Dubfore:

JODYSWALLOWS:

tourney  greens

If you  have a 20ft. putt  and its  5 inches  down,.  20-5=15.  so 15x .75=11. 25 ,      11. 25  is youre putt. if this putt goes to far  change it to x . 7.  the smaller  the number the less it goes

The above maths are not correct, you should multiply (X) by .75 before you add or take away elevation.  Then add one or two feet, but only  for putts over ten feet.   Long downhill  putts, take away 2 or 3 feet after math.  Wind does affect putts also.

That's only a rough guide, practice will give you a better picture.

Without a doubt the funniest sheeet I've seen here in the year that I've been here.

She can put any 80 ft putt within 12 to 18 inches but her 3 putt% is higher than her 1 putt%

. She has an 81 avg and she posts on a club members wall (64avg) that she needs to give him some lessons so he has to contact her.

Same club member is highest xp contributor in her club, contributing 20X more than the owner, her. Most all members outXP her.

Then I scroll a few pages of recent history and find the funniest sheeeet of all, a few months ago she beat you, Dubfore, in a game. LMAO!

• Kepone18
    196 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2015 4:55 AM

Haha. My favourite part..... Her best score over 18 holes is a 180! Way to go girl love your confidence.😎

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2015 12:18 AM

JODYSWALLOWS:

actualy  i  dont  want  to  be a  legend,Ime gonna  stay at  master  in thes  spot.  tees are  shorter   and is  perfect  for  me

Jody!

So you sandbag and ask for balls in your status bar. I'm sure your members aspire to your achievements.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2015 5:07 AM

courteneyfish:

JODYSWALLOWS:

actualy  i  dont  want  to  be a  legend,Ime gonna  stay at  master  in thes  spot.  tees are  shorter   and is  perfect  for  me

Jody!

So you sandbag and ask for balls in your status bar. I'm sure your members aspire to your achievements.

Yes, she's begging balls and yes, her putting stats aren't very good, considering the proven(?) math formula she uses.  Even so, I guarantee that, with her suggestive name (and a photo of herself teeing off in a bikini), there will be lots of dudes sending her balls....I am, however, not one of them.

ps..."actualy  i  dont  want  to  be a  legend,Ime gonna  stay at  master  in thes  spot"

...she may have been better off skipping trig and taking a grammar class....:) 

• BRIDGEWATER3
    1 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2015 8:50 AM

Awesome info and cool game !!

RSS