Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • bob6460
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 6:27 PM

I just tried It. Thanks that will help a bunch. Thanks to you and Davester9 too.

• dambroo21056
    10 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 10:50 AM

Hey V,

yeah I think the site is rigged against those that wont/don't 'buy' credits...follow the money!

If you wanna play you gotta pay one way or the other...

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 2:39 PM

dambroo21056:
    site is rigged against those that wont/don't 'buy' credits

Geez, here I thought it was my crappy playin' ability, thank you I feel so much better.

• dacrash
    465 Posts
    Tue, Jan 27 2015 4:54 PM

dambroo21056:
    yeah I think the site is rigged against those that wont/don't 'buy' credits

I've been playing for 4 years, have all the equipment available, use mid to high end balls and I have NEVER bought a credit.  Do the surveys, watch the videos while watching TV and the game pays for itself.

Also, there are many, many players who use just the free clubs and balls and are Legends and Tour Legends.

This is not Tiger Woods golf.  This is more of a simulation.  If all you want is a game, go buy or download one. If you want to play realistic (mostly) golf, stay here and learn the game.

There are several very good players who will give advise freely and help you out.  Just ask in the forum.  Disregard the idiots though.  There is also links on the right side of page with information.  There is even a search function.

good hitting.

• kuhl7812
    59 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 5:44 PM

I'm having a tough ime with the putting.  I know that red is downhill and blue is uphill but what about light blue and orange?  Help!!!!

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2015 12:12 PM

I guess light colors would mean slightly downhill vice versa  more vibrant the colors are the faster the break is gonna be especially downhill putts.

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Sun, Feb 1 2015 1:29 PM

kuhl7812:

I'm having a tough ime with the putting.  I know that red is downhill and blue is uphill but what about light blue and orange?  Help!!!!

had the same question my self a few years back---and Icon's reply

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/53591.aspx

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Feb 2 2015 12:15 AM

kuhl7812:

Orange usually means there is a huge downhill putt.

On the green, you can see the distance to hole and what elevation it is to the pin on the Flagstick  .. eg   15ft +/-  5 .  Which means it's 15ft to pin and either 5 uphill or downhill in elevation.

With longer putts, you might see the orange color..but the the distance will show 25ft to pin and 2 downhill.   So you calculate that and find your putt will go way past and off the green....lol

What you have to do is Click and hold down on the flagstick and slowly move it towards your Avatar.....   you will see the elevation of the putt change dramatically.  Just make sure you put the stick back where it started or where you want to aim before you putt

• skullman10
    2,131 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 9:01 AM

what does ball speed boost mean please?

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2015 5:32 PM

The ball speed boost is a feature/accessory in the game. If you activate the item once you hit the ball, the ball travels much faster than normal to the landing spot and it allows a player to play the game faster. For more information please click on the link below. Just search for Ball Speed Boost.

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#accessories

WGT

RSS