Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 2:57 AM

Getting quite a few requests for the Putting Calc I use.  Probably easier to upload to a sharing site.  Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/102W7hM

• Partsman41953
    341 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 3:49 AM

Hi, 

Thanks for the tip but if you could break it down for me a little simpler I would really appreciate it. It just seems that all of a sudden my putting has gone from bad to worse. It seems like when I start getting the ball closer to the hole my putting disappears. I just turned what could have been a 5 or 6 under round into an even par round with 3 putts on 3 holes. I guess I need to start at the beginning again with putting as what I am doing now is definitely not working. 

I would appreciate any tips. 

Thanks, 

Glenn

• oldgolferPNW
    2 Posts
    Sun, Dec 7 2014 9:51 AM

od morning,

Question, how do  stop the putting flag which says, putt or gammy, when I'm close to he hole.

this has embarrassed me in play.

oldgolferPNW

• BigMike087
    90 Posts
    Fri, Dec 26 2014 3:57 PM

I just wanted to Thank you Trent. U sent me that scale a few weeks back, and dude it made a WORLD of difference. I hope you don't mind if I share it with my members in my CC?

Actually I 've only gotten 1 reply after presenting it to everyone, so I jjust wanted your permission to forward it.

Thanks!

Big Mike

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Dec 26 2014 11:43 PM

oldgolferPNW:
    Question, how do  stop the putting flag which says, putt or gammy, when I'm close to he hole.

Not sure if you can stop it.   I just take the gimme when it comes out

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Sat, Dec 27 2014 2:00 AM

BigMike087:

I just wanted to Thank you Trent. U sent me that scale a few weeks back, and dude it made a WORLD of difference. I hope you don't mind if I share it with my members in my CC?

Actually I 've only gotten 1 reply after presenting it to everyone, so I jjust wanted your permission to forward it

Thanks!

Big Mike

Hi Mike, glad it's working out for you.  Feel free to send it out to all.  In fact if you wait a week or two, I'll have my updated(and hopefully final) version ready.  At the mo you'll probably find downhill putts on Tourny and Champ speeds running a bit long.

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Sat, Jan 10 2015 9:00 AM

There is a link to my latest putting calc on my profile.

• bob6460
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 9:35 AM

I am really having a hard time with the faster greens( 10 speed and up). How do you figure the distance difference. By the way I do have a putting meter. The 9's and less I have figured out fairly well. But the fast greens are killing me. Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

• ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Tue, Jan 20 2015 2:34 PM

THIS any good to you Bob?   It's a downloadable excel worksheet which incorporates a formula devised by Davester9. I've just packaged it up in excel so any thanks should be forwarded to him.

↓↓ EDIT : Thank you Bob  : )  ↓↓

RSS