Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Chipping

Mon, Oct 22 2018 4:30 PM (22 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 5:11 AM

lee22sharon:
    Having been trained in long distantce weapons use, you never use something other than what you are going to use in real situations, anything less than that is foolhardy. My Nickle. okay trolls have at it, and be able to offer sound reasoning, not just "in my experance" !

In the firm belief it wasn't long range enough to get me here; emmmm? :-))

Anyway YJ is undoubtably right on this occassion that is the best way to practice chipping or any particular shot.

Although it would certainly be less scientific what I'd probably do is play or practice something like BOP5 over and over (assuming you don't reach most holes in two) and chip where it was reasonably sensible.  It would just be more fun for me that way and expieriencing chipping onto different elevations with and without spin etc would be helpfull too.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 11:52 AM

lee22sharon:
    This thread REEKS! of those days long ago when all the trolls and experts(?) were at each others throats on every entry anyone made in the forums, subject, line of thought, accuracy of answer to op entry, none of it mattered. just get in as many licks as possiable as soon as possible to see if the opposing force wudd give anything up!

aaaAH....the good old days, remember them fondly.  ;-)

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Mon, Oct 22 2018 4:30 PM
    alcaucin:

lee22sharon:
    This thread REEKS! of those days long ago when all the trolls and experts(?) were at each others throats on every entry anyone made in the forums, subject, line of thought, accuracy of answer to op entry, none of it mattered. just get in as many licks as possiable as soon as possible to see if the opposing force wudd give anything up!

aaaAH....the good old days, remember them fondly.  ;-)

YEP! my nickle.
RSS