Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Monthly & Weekly Tournament Payout Totals Are Changing

Sun, Sep 29 2019 12:04 AM (162 replies)
  • NAUGHTYBINATURE
    260 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 11:57 AM

I agree with Flex..I am not even bothering anymore after seeing 51,and 52s posted the same day the new monthly is posted ..

It isnt even worth my time to try..the same people will win it..

I ask myself all the time, why should i play it and restart it every 3 holes when i miss one birdie??

just to TRY and post a 55? cause theres no way im shooting a 53 let alone a 52 OR A 51!!

pfft ...

you guys /girls which are few of us can have it...

then comes the 30 mph winds and they STILL manage to shoot 55 LOL

everones ambitions are different on here..

for what i ask?  credits? bragging rights? 

credits are only good for balls and gifting friends.

Friendship and company are my goals on here .

The few readygos i play supports my balls needed to play.

I cant ding like these people can and i have the slowest meter out there.

Enjoy the tournies cause im not bothering with them no more with the sharks inhabiting the waters.

Merry Christmas all..

waiting for wolf creek..yay 

• armchairalien
    258 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 6:12 AM

What'd ya know  Flexbomb meets those criteria,,I called that one years ago,,you remember me don't you Mr. Flexbomb?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:41 AM

NAUGHTYBINATURE:

I agree with Flex..I am not even bothering anymore after seeing 51,and 52s posted the same day the new monthly is posted ..

It isnt even worth my time to try..the same people will win it..

I ask myself all the time, why should i play it and restart it every 3 holes when i miss one birdie??

just to TRY and post a 55? cause theres no way im shooting a 53 let alone a 52 OR A 51!!

pfft ...

If I may....:)

I'm with you won't ever shoot a 51/2.

But....mid 50's is within reach most of the time and while I won't win one of these VT's...if you can shoot decent rounds & not try over and over and over again for that elusive 52 then why not?  Top 20 is a pretty decent credit payout -- especially in the quarterlies.  

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Mon, Aug 19 2019 3:36 PM

So Champ, after a year or so, it seems that the (what should have been blindingly obvious to wgt, really) suggestion made by fmagnets and others of tiering up players who win a certain number of credits hasn't been implemented, enabling the same few to continually place in the top 3 of the 200cr. monthly opens. Any updates on this?

Also that the payout should maybe be structured to reward more than just the top 3. (maybe 5? 10?) Any updates on this?

The tournaments weren't viable commercially when you were paying 20k, 17.5k, 15k, so they were cut to 10k, 9k, 8k.

So, now you are paying out 27k and July had 40 entrants = 8k.

August so far has 14 entries. (that will go up, but not by many i would imagine)

So what's the next move? Cut the payouts again, (achieving nothing) or implement the sensible changes that were suggested? 

Would at least be worth a try, wouldn't it Champ?

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2019 8:45 AM

After reading over quite a few of the different Forum sub-discussions its seems to me this is an on-going issue that WGT seems to be trying to handle and they are not really sure what direction to take. The current structure of (Credit) Monthly and Weekly Tournaments seems to be discouraging to quite a few players regardless of Tier.

I have an opinion (idea) which I know some will frown upon but here goes:

#1) Do away with Tier Tournaments. Have Flights instead A thru F. 6 Divisions.

#2)  Would require all WGT Tournament players to establish a Handicap based on Tournament play ONLY. This does NOT include your everyday score average and would be very helpful to prevent sand-bagging.

#3) Cap high end Tournament average to +10 to prevent sand-bagging: Example +5 and above play in F flight but your handicap with never exceed +10.

#4) The Top 5 in any Tournament of F flight will automatically be promoted to D flight. Once you advance to a different Flight you will never be demoted. <--- may need some tweaking.

#5) Your Tournament average will also be a determining factor in which Flight you are in. Therefore it is possible that more than 5 players will be promoted to a higher Flight after each Tournament.

#6) Flights - (F = +5 and up)  ( E = Par to +4)   (D= -4 to -1)  (C = -9 to -5)  (B = -14 to -10)  (A = -15 and lower)

More rules would have to be established but I honestly think there is a formula here that will work to ensure Handicap Tournaments can be played on the up and up.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 5:09 AM

Could others refrain from posting here until i receive a reply from champ please?

Thanks for your consideration.

Hi Champ, as posted on your wall, here is the thread, i have copied my previous post onto here and would also like to ask another question.

Re: the monthly opens, would it be possible for one player to enter, and possibly win, a multiple of these in the one month? i.e. start the month at pro, be promoted all the way up to maybe legend, and enter and cash in all of them in the process? I was just wondering about this as i have noticed before on leaderboards  that e.g. a hack tier monthly tournament winner has reached legend in the same month, so, in theory anyway, a player could go from pro to legend, maybe even beyond, and win the lot?

Thanks Champ

Previous post copy here-

So Champ, after a year or so, it seems that the (what should have been blindingly obvious to wgt, really) suggestion made by fmagnets and others of tiering up players who win a certain number of credits hasn't been implemented, enabling the same few to continually place in the top 3 of the 200cr. monthly opens. Any updates on this?

Also that the payout should maybe be structured to reward more than just the top 3. (maybe 5? 10?) Any updates on this?

The tournaments weren't viable commercially when you were paying 20k, 17.5k, 15k, so they were cut to 10k, 9k, 8k.

So, now you are paying out 27k and July had 40 entrants = 8k.

August so far has 14 entries. (that will go up, but not by many i would imagine)

So what's the next move? Cut the payouts again, (achieving nothing) or implement the sensible changes that were suggested? 

Would at least be worth a try, wouldn't it Champ?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 12:10 PM

I have had tier promotion improvements written up for over a year. (In fact, I think I had my first meeting about it at the same time I pitched Tour Champion.) While my version is different than Fmags' suggestion, it's two different methods to make it to the same end. 

I have also had a number of great conversations, or written other improvements, ranging from improvements to Premier/Plus, Clash prizing changes, etc.. Heck, I even brainstormed what a CC bank would look like and how it would function. (Please don't spread a rumor that the bank is coming, it's not. sadly.) 

The problem is not that we do not want to do these changes, we want to do them. The problem is the length of time it takes to develop changes and implement them with a small team while also keeping up on our development roadmap and making sure we had a steady stream of new equipment coming into the proshop. 

The new Main Menu on mobile took a number of months to get right and released. While not a big new feature we don't have a huge team and so everyone went wild refining that and making sure it worked. We ended up going past our deadline on that, which was the best thing for the feature, by two or three months. This story isn't indicative of every project but it is indicative of the level of work we put into the game we love and why many features get pushed and pushed. 

We still have some other big projects we're hoping to get into your hands very soon, there's still a few more equipment items coming to the proshop, and a few surprises I'm excited about too. 

Unfortunately I don't think we'll get meaningful tier changes into the game before next year. Which is a bummer, especially having done so much work on it already, but it's the most realistic timeline I have. 

_CHAMPION 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Thu, Aug 22 2019 12:26 PM

I became a bit more sympathetic to your efforts after watching this video -- 

Not sure if those in WGT can relate but it was an interesting video about the gaming industry I was oblivious of.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 4:31 AM

Hi Champ, thanks for response.

Bit disheartening to hear you have suggested tier promotion improvements for over a year and nothing having being done and that it will be next year before even deciding on any of your proposed changes, at least you are trying though.

I appreciate that it's easy for someone like me, who knows nothing of databases etc. to suggest  that when a player achieves earnings of, say, 1000$ (100,00 credits) e.g., that they are automatically promoted (regardless of number of ranked rounds played) and each subsequent 1000$ sees them moved up again. (i'm just using those numbers as an example) You could even make that information public as there would be no way for them to avoid being promoted then. As it stands, with the top 3 only being paid in these monthly 200cr tiered tournaments players are looking at the same handful of entrants taking the prizes over and over and realise that it's pretty pointless to enter, hence the very low number of entrants in relation to the credits paid out. Maybe widening  it up to say, top 10?, would encourage more entries?

I would like to add, in case there is any misunderstanding about this, i am in no way suggesting these players are doing anything wrong here, they are only playing by the rules that WGT has in place.

Anyway, thanks again Champ, maybe see you next year. (dependent on whether WGT on PC or myself kick the bucket before then, lol.)

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 8:24 AM

I'm around the forums a lot. I'm sure you'll see me around before next year. XD

_CHAMPION 

RSS