Forums

Help › Forums

Re: need an explanation

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:53 PM (7 replies)
  • GirnBlanston
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2018 3:37 PM

How does one hit a 165 yard shot, hits the ding, with an 8-10 mph tailwind and it only travels 140 yards?  Would just looooooooove to hear wgt address this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 1:20 PM
    It was clash time, lol everybody knows that aliens play games with your play during clash days!!!!! Lolol
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Oct 7 2018 1:22 PM
    Btw, wait for it, hammertime, lol
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Oct 29 2018 5:13 PM

I hit some bad shots I could not explain until I realized that sometimes , while swinging, I would bump the scroll wheel on my mouse and either change clubs or shot type - depending on which was the last thing I changed.  Really messed with my mind for a while!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 7:51 AM

Of course a replay would come in handy for us in the forums to help or at least knowing which course/hole it was,  but a few things come to mind. First was it an uphill shot?

some things I've done, hit scroll wheel on mouse and used wrong club and using reverse view for aim and the wind showed a tailwind in that view but from the avatar view it was actually a headwind.  

Not saying you didn't have a "wtf" shot but just giving some ideas to think about.

*** edit  

Didn't realize how long ago the OP posted this.  Read his post and seen the last reply was only yesterday.  I'm sure the OP has moved on or figured it out.

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 8:09 AM

Was there a gnat on the ball by any chance .

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 3:09 PM

lol

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Tue, Oct 30 2018 5:53 PM

Hi

A strange one from a while back . . .

possibly why the gnat was writhing around on the fairway in the first place. I shot it down with my second to the par5!

My ball certainly seemed to drop out of the sky quick too . . . 

Cheers!

Rich

RSS