Help › Forums

Re: Your system sucks

Wed, Oct 3 2018 11:41 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 12:36 AM

el3n1:
    #simon ... that was quite tactful... and I even found an online translator that worked beautifully.  didn't want to be left in the dark completely...
    ;-)

LEDzZzEPP:
    es una pena que haya que estar lidiando con estos parasitos, que son un grupo de 8 u 10
    Hay más! Te lo digo!

LEDzZzEPP:
    pero jode igualmente, no hay que callarse, ''los puntos sobre las íes''
    Eso es exactamente lo que yo estaba haciendo el año pasado, pero ahora lo único que me queda es estar moderado desde entonces. Ya sé que me estoy repitiendo pero te lo digo de nuevo... No vale la pena meterte con esos pedazos de pelㅇtudㅇs.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:17 AM

LEDzZzEPP:

I was playing a Blitz game, 3 players..one of them has disconnected, we CANT continue, only option:  LEAVE the round, but apparently now the leave a Blitz round count as a forfeit....??, because when i try to join to another match, my % drop to Yellow

W T F

NOTHING...NO ONE SINGLE THING you guys do with this site work as should

....the only who works ''well'' here must be the shop

* this lines are for topgolf/wgt staff

unfortunally yes... my best suggestion is play with close friends so u will be sure they will not leave the round.. it happened to me too to get a yellow % drop... play some alternate and u will get the green back.. 

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:58 AM

maoriand1:
    play some alternate and u will get the green back.
    AFAIK, A/S doesn't count to the completion meter.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 11:30 AM

alosso:
    A/S doesn't count to the completion meter.

I have heard/read this referenced before but not noticed or seen it regarding my own profile... how or where is this completion meter I hear being referenced?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 12:59 PM

It's the green - yellow - red buttons appearing with each player in MP games. They are connected to the completion rate of some MP games. This rate is said to be a %% indication of a FIFO buffer of MP games' completion of the last 100 games. It's my state of information that A/S games don't count in to this buffer.

It was meant as an indication of poor sportsmanship identified by quitting. Unfortunately, "completion" doesn't distinguish between quitters and their victims, nor between those with a weak connection and the unrelated victims of such disconnections.

Judging from the forum entries, there are still a lot of quitters around :(

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 4:22 PM

For the record, i'm not complaining about the people who forfeit a round, i already know its some we need to deal with

I wrote this to share an example of how bad work the system this site have to determine the % of completion, im full agree in have a system to ''punish'' the quiters, but is clearly its not well implemented, the actual...have no criteria at all, has been demostrated over the years

THATS is why i wrote: ''your system sucks'' in the title, but someone have change the title to ''system''

keep the ''good work'' guys

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 10:10 AM

alosso:
    It's the green - yellow - red buttons appearing with each player in MP games. They are connected to the completion rate of some MP games.

Sounds good, I had never noticed it before but I had never looked or paid attention.  Fortunately I show up as green but I don't play a lot of match play games except when the format comes up in a CC event.  

Thanks for the clarification, on the plus side, I would wager the completion rate for most players on desktop is far better than the completion rate of mobile players in the coin games.  That being said, I also know some players will forfeit when it is clear they are losing in a 1 hole coin game "to save time" if they are working on a timed sponsor round and they are trying to get an extra match or two in to earn more sponsor apparel points.  

Because of the latter, and possibly frustration or egos or whatever... you see a very high number of forfeits in the coin games.  

Given what you have shared, I would think desktop games would have fewer forfeits but as pointed out the reasons can vary as well, some accidental and others intentional.

I have read about a desktop glitch where a player that forfeited was able to "essentially" steal the skins (credits) from the other players and that does sound like something that should be fixed when credits are being wagered.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 11:41 AM

el3n1:
    the completion rate of mobile players in the coin games.
    These are in practice mode, and practice games don't contribute to the completion rate.

• PAGES
RSS