Help › Forums

Re: Saturday Free Talk

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 30 2018 10:23 PM (23 replies)
  • jabonic
    854 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 9:16 AM

WGTJudgeSmails:
    I think the bigger issue is that the course was set up knowing who was going to be on that US squad and have just made a course that clearly is built for their team much better.

I have to disagree with this because both teams have know for 2 years where the course was going to be played at.  That is why I put a lot of the blame on the Captain and his picks as he knows that Europe is going to set it up for players who can't hit the fairways. 

Where is Ryan Moore or Zach Johnson.....Oh well the best team won and congrats to the Europeans.

• craigswan
    30,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 10:15 AM

European's are doing great . Thanks very much .

How about yourselves .

• jacktrade51
    10,896 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 8:17 PM

WGTJudgeSmails:
    That being said, this is free talk Saturday so feel free to write in about anything

To beat a maybe dead drum, WGT said they did photography for multiple pins on courses.  When will we see them?

On Ryder Cub, US was dead when the Euros chose the course.  I don't mind home field advantage; I never thought US would win especially when they gave Phil the captain's pick.  Should have been Xander  It was an anti-bomber course and US players could not make adjustment.  I just get annoyed when the PGA doesn't do same thing for the American players.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 10:23 PM

jacktrade51:
    It was an anti-bomber course and US players could not make adjustment.  I just get annoyed when the PGA doesn't do same thing for the American players.

So what kind of course set up do you think the PGA should choose for two years' time to give the US team a leg up over the Europeans? Wide fairways and long holes? Short rough?

RSS