Forums

Help › Forums

Deleted Post

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 2 2018 5:35 AM (7 replies)
  • amb1923
    223 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2018 7:06 PM

So tonight I'm playing the final round of the Virtual Tour on Bandon with one of the tourney balls. I'm struggling at -1 and come to the 12th. My tee shot catches the wind and disappears over the cliff. At this point I'm like "screw it, I've blown the round & I'm not spending any more credits. I'll just play the rest of the way with starter balls" After salvaging the double bogey, I proceed to close out with 6 straight birdies, including bombing a 30 foot putt on 17. 

Dumb luck? Took the pressure off myself? Who knows? Maybe I should just keep playing with the starter balls...

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2018 7:22 PM

amb1923:

Maybe I should just keep playing with the starter balls...

You should!,...but i bet after a couple of bad rounds you go back to the (fake) payouts balls :)

...as the majority does

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 12:12 AM

It is well known in golf on line and in real life if you really do not give a care suddenly the ball goes more where you want it to. Pressure off. At the same time there is no doubt the more a ball costs the better you will score on average playing it after you learn it and know it.Sure you can go low with a cheap ball but not consistently.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 12:32 AM
    amb1923:

So tonight I'm playing the final round of the Virtual Tour on Bandon with one of the tourney balls. I'm struggling at -1 and come to the 12th. My tee shot catches the wind and disappears over the cliff. At this point I'm like "screw it, I've blown the round & I'm not spending any more credits. I'll just play the rest of the way with starter balls" After salvaging the double bogey, I proceed to close out with 6 straight birdies, including bombing a 30 foot putt on 17. 

Dumb luck? Took the pressure off myself? Who knows? Maybe I should just keep playing with the starter balls...

The free rocks are the best value in the game. Party on!
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 4:04 PM

amb1923:

I'll just play the rest of the way with starter balls" After salvaging the double bogey, I proceed to close out with 6 straight birdies, including bombing a 30 foot putt on 17. 

Dumb luck? Took the pressure off myself? Who knows?

had an aggravating round myself... if I had known so many forward tees were going to be in play... I probably would have used a lower end ball... 

I think the extra spin factors can throw the ball around more  (even Fmagnets appeared to deviate from his standard L61 ball and played a L34 Cally which has lower spin factor)...

that said, those winds seemed more challenging than normal heavy winds...  I was playing at least 5 extra yards to account for movement on the green beyond what I expected the winds to play and the ball was still getting blown even further off line than expected.  almost as if the winds were playing 10mph over what was posted.  was a struggle to just have a reasonable putt for birdie... happens though, someone else will surely fair better....

• CFitzgerald1292
    20 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 1:01 PM
    why do superpasses exist in cc clashes? just play with scores and no superpasses or the stupid multipliers which wgt has never explained to me
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 4:37 PM

With very high cross winds it helps to mis ding into the wind as well as give more wind than you think.  

RSS