Forums

Help › Forums

Re: End of round ball gift bug.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 28 2018 1:50 PM (7 replies)
  • DRAGONFIRESr
    229 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 1:43 PM

I have been noticing, ever since the Nike balls have gone away, they keep showing up as the ball to gift, with the disclaimer, "Item not available".

This is fine, as the balls are gone, but even if you have played other balls since then, and have ran out, it still pops up with the Nike ball to gift!

As an example, my friend has used some Nike balls in the past, but for the last few months, he has been using the Callaway lvl 33 balls, but when he runs out, and goes back to the stock balls, at the the end of a round, it comes up with the Nike as the ball to gift!

I can add an image if needed to show in more detail.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 2:26 PM

It's not really a bug as it is acting correctly, but it really should either give the option to give a comparable ball or just not give the gifting option at all. 

I'll shoot a message to our dev team. 

_CHAMPION 

• DRAGONFIRESr
    229 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:44 PM

So the system puts up the highest level ball you have owned in the past, if you start using the stock ball then?

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 11:09 AM

DRAGONFIRESr:

So the system puts up the highest level ball you have owned in the past, if you start using the stock ball then?

No, as far as I'm aware it offers the option to gift the ball the player used during the round you just played with them.

What may have been bought in the past has no influence.

• DRAGONFIRESr
    229 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 12:38 PM

MainzMan:

No, as far as I'm aware it offers the option to gift the ball the player used during the round you just played with them.

What may have been bought in the past has no influence.

My CC mate has last used lvl 33 callaway balls, and is currently using the stock rocks, and at the end of the round it puts up the Nike balls as the gift option, and says "item is not available" as it should, had he used a Nike ball. (He hasnt had a Nike ball since before they stopped selling them!)

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 10:54 PM

DRAGONFIRESr:
    using the stock rocks
    Since this ball can't be gifted, they had to set some replacement. Their "do-it-half" QA dept. may have lived up to their fame when the Nikes were dropped ;)

• DRAGONFIRESr
    229 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2018 6:30 AM

I see they have, at least, started to make a fix, as the gifting button is now gone, if the Nike balls are listed, but the Nike balls should not show up in the list at all any more.

If an item can no longer be gifted, it should be removed from any gifting tables/databases.

I'm sure WGT is missing out on at least a little income, when players cant gift a sleeve of balls at the end of a round!

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Nov 28 2018 1:50 PM

DRAGONFIRESr:
    I'm sure WGT is missing out on at least a little income, when players cant gift a sleeve of balls at the end of a round!

Now THAT should get their attention!  Money!

RSS