Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ⛳ Ryder Cup 2018 ⛳

Wed, Oct 3 2018 3:29 AM (88 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 6:51 AM

WillieSinkit:
    Let's just hope that she doesn't lose her sight in that eye.

She did.  :-(

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 7:51 AM

Yep that eye has well and truly seen its last............She is now hoping for some money.................

Well played to the Europeans.  Personally, I think Jim Furyk did the job admirably.  Couple of things he maybe could have loaded better but rear 20/20 is great.  He took responsibility as you would expect from a gentleman like him. 

Tiger saying a lot of golf in 9 weeks never cut it to explain that performance.  Super season for him overall, but a generally poor note to end it.

Watching top players not seemingly be able to comprehend positional golf was not pretty, but most will bounce back for the next time.

Tiger and Phil should maybe concentrate in other types of tourney.  Super on their day in the comp potentially but yet again as still senior core players it never worked......

Take nothing away from the Europeans who conversely played well, hence the margin.

An interesting one in two years.............The teams are way closer than that score.

• rl2203
    744 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 1:14 PM

WillieSinkit:

Our best wishes and a speedy recovery should go to the poor spectator who was hit by a wayward tee shot on the first day.

Let's just hope that she doesn't lose her sight in that eye.

Willie

That news took out all my joy winning the RyderCup - lets pray for a miracle that she will recover as much as possible - Does anybody witnessed if the was the 'fore' warning?

Roland

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 2:16 PM

rl2203:
    Does anybody witnessed if the was the 'fore' warning?

Yes, there was. It's in the article. 

• rl2203
    744 Posts
    Tue, Oct 2 2018 2:45 PM

Thanks

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 1:58 AM

The start of play at The 42nd Ryder Cup on Friday will signal the beginning of the Birdies for Good Supported by Aberdeen Standard Investments initiative.

Each birdie, eagle and hole-in-one made will result in a donation, with 50% of the total proceeds going to the European Tour Foundation and 50% going to a charity of ASI’s choice.

For every birdie and eagle made, ASI will donate €50 and €100 respectively. There have only been six holes-in-one in Ryder Cup history, but any made this week will result in €10 donated per yard.

Should a hole or putt be conceded where a birdie would have been recorded, a donation will still be made.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 2:01 AM

What can you say .

Chance in a million  accident .

. tells the media that yesterday was “one of the worst days” of his life after learning that one of his tee shots in Paris resulted in a spectator losing the sight in her right eye. He has reached out to her family and is waiting for a reply.

• craigswan
    30,837 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 2:09 AM

I have a friend [ honest ] who used to play professional football . One day a team mate was hurt and rolling around in agony . The referee refused to stop the game so in a temper my friend kicked the ball out of play . Unfortunately there was a 11 year old school kid in the stand who was so bored she wasn't even looking at the game . The ball hit her on the head causing a small cut . The newspapers wouldn't let the story drop and he was finally charged by the police with discharging a ball in a disordered way . Taken to court and fined £75 and the offense  is still on his record yet . Everytime he moves jobs he has to explain .

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Oct 3 2018 3:29 AM
    craigswan:

I have a friend [ honest ] who used to play professional football . One day a team mate was hurt and rolling around in agony . The referee refused to stop the game so in a temper my friend kicked the ball out of play . Unfortunately there was a 11 year old school kid in the stand who was so bored she wasn't even looking at the game . The ball hit her on the head causing a small cut . The newspapers wouldn't let the story drop and he was finally charged by the police with discharging a ball in a disordered way . Taken to court and fined £75 and the offense  is still on his record yet . Everytime he moves jobs he has to explain .

Another true story, I know of a man, that 36 years ago, threw a cup of ice on someone, left no cuts or brusing, or marks of any sorts. His last job interview had to explain it to the FBI. lol
RSS