Forums

Help › Forums

Re: MAX flash sale

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:29 PM (5 replies)
  • sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 9:49 PM

Now I just read the announcement of the Max flash sale. While it won't do much for me as I already have the max clubs I wanted, I couldn't help but post this comment: "Excluding the max gold putter" ? Really, you guys felt like giving a 20% discount off a 400K virtual putter will result in a loss? :-) ... Don't think they would have flown off the shelve at a 20% discount either, but I do find it amusing that you had to make an exception to this crown jewel of putters :-)

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:33 AM

http://www.wgt.com/golfnews/archive/2018/09/14/max-flash-sale-this-weekend.aspx

Sorry, friend. Seems you missed the sale by a bit. 

_CHAMPION

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 11:54 AM

sky0diver:
    "Excluding the max gold putter"
    It ain't a club but a CC Reward in the Pro Shop. Once you own it you can't resell it either. This makes the price tag arbitrary - to me, it's value is Null, zero, nada, zilch.

• sky0diver
    119 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 5:28 PM

sure, I understand the concept of it, but then they should remove the price tag all together and make it a pure award and not label it with a 400K price tag and then "deny" the 20% discount on it :-) ... really not an issue at all, I just found it a bit funny

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 5:48 PM

They have actually sold a few of them. A little to rich for me

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:29 PM

sky0diver:
    they should remove the price tag all together and make it a pure award and not label it with a 400K price tag
    Don't you understand the purpose of this Golden Calf?
    It impresses by the "rich" colour and the correspondent "rich" price tag.
    The former is but rgb(255,215,0) (or #FFD700), the latter is an arbitrarily high amount of "WGT Credits (that) have no monetary [...] value" (see their T&Cs)..

Out comes a veritable two-penny carrot - thousands play for one(!) every other week!

Only a fool would spoil this brilliant and successful PR design!

RSS