Re: WGTChampion's Tournament of Weirdness

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 1 2018 8:34 AM (29 replies)
  • Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 8:21 AM

DAZZA501:
    That was a cracking round Jezza.

Thanks Boss (and Paul).  It definitely felt like one... 

Had a headwind on the 1st and missed the green short and right...then 3-putted from about 15 feet after pitching a bit long (and somehow not rolling off the back).  Leaving the first putt woefully short was the first clue that the green speed might be far less than 161.8...and I started using numbers garnered from previous mega-fast tourneys.  Thankfully they were fairly close.

To be honest, I found getting the tee-shots anywhere near the holes was tougher than the putting.  Had plenty of 30 to 50 footers for birdie and somehow avoided choking on any of the numerous 4 to 6 footers for par.  A 21 foot birdie on 16 didn't hurt any either.

I'm curious if the stimp was really intended to be 161.8...but something in the programming maxed it out at less than that?  Or if it was intentionally designed to mislead?  Whatever the case, hopefully Champ lets us in on that particular secret after the tourney.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 8:51 AM

The secret is: I don't know. 

_CHAMPION 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 9:13 AM
    WGTChampion:

The secret is: I don't know. 

_CHAMPION 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 10:11 AM

borntobesting:

another tip for those that haven't played it yet start with deducting 55%  or so from the length of the putt and experiment from there.

I made the mistake on the first, the same as many of you I think, of assuming a green speed of 161 would be at least 10 times as quick as a 14 speed green.  This left me waaaay short on the first putt.

I found 25% power on the 30 foot scale was going a pretty reliable 16 feet on flat greens.  Short putts, 4 feet and under, I just played as if they were normal champ greens.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Sep 27 2018 5:52 PM
    Come on now Damien lol, you gotta do better!! My money is on you!!!
  • jason01291
    411 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2018 1:08 PM

Thanks

Lol

That's the wierdiest craziest laughing round I ever played in wgt till now

1st hotel like all drives pitched putted and putted and putted lol triple to start

Second good shot at 8ft putt touched hole and rolled over and over and ball started coming back ended at up same spot....for par tried .Same again putted rolled and over back rolled into hole for par Yeaaaaahhhh my reaction

Thought I learnt the greens after front 9 

Won't say what trick though lol

Birdied 11th from 30ft and 14 from 14ft 

Hold my beer

There comes 18th wind into face but rolled far back putted and it rolled down pitched...pitched and pitched ended up same place lol

Flopped and flopped And finally took a quadraple and ended a funny round

Fun part though I thought of recording and recorded from 4th hole πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚

Thank you Champion

Looking for more such crazy rounds πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2018 3:16 PM

jason01291:

Thanks

Lol

That's the wierdiest craziest laughing round I ever played in wgt till now

1st hotel like all drives pitched putted and putted and putted lol triple to start

Second good shot at 8ft putt touched hole and rolled over and over and ball started coming back ended at up same spot....for par tried .Same again putted rolled and over back rolled into hole for par Yeaaaaahhhh my reaction

Thought I learnt the greens after front 9 

Won't say what trick though lol

Birdied 11th from 30ft and 14 from 14ft 

Hold my beer

There comes 18th wind into face but rolled far back putted and it rolled down pitched...pitched and pitched ended up same place lol

Flopped and flopped And finally took a quadraple and ended a funny round

Fun part though I thought of recording and recorded from 4th hole πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚

Thank you Champion

Looking for more such crazy rounds πŸ‘πŸ˜‚

These stories are why I make these tournaments. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

_CHAMPION 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2018 10:52 PM
    Single play..someone finally listening ? ;)) Give it a whack Sunday ( today actually 7.50am, that was a long wedding night party, didn't even know the bride..OR the groom ;/) , and finish come 'Hell or high Water' !!
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2018 1:38 PM
    Jerm65:
    I'm curious if the stimp was really intended to be 161.8...but something in the programming maxed it out at less than that? 
    Mags & I were having a discussion about this and Mags says that greens max out at 20. Even when they say 40 in CC tournaments they still play like 20.
  • Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2018 8:34 AM

DAZZA501:
    Jerm65:
    I'm curious if the stimp was really intended to be 161.8...but something in the programming maxed it out at less than that? 
    Mags & I were having a discussion about this and Mags says that greens max out at 20. Even when they say 40 in CC tournaments they still play like 20.

It appears that Mags is correct (as usual...).  I just checked my empirical data and the required power for a given putt is the same for 40 or 50 (or 161.8...), as it is for 20.  Interesting...

RSS