Re: my cc is going south.

Mon, Apr 8 2019 12:02 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 5:57 PM

pjctas0822:

Williams01210021:
    If you guys want to join a top top club then yep Fairway Fanatic's is the one to join. Even though we are just over a year old we have more going on than 99% of the clubs on here. 

So the CC I am in is in the 1%? lol

Come on man promote your CC but dont down others .

+1

Williams01210021:
    My statement is that we have more going on in our club than pretty much all the rest. How do i know? well i have been in a few before when i first started. The shocking amount of clubs that dont do anything is unreal. As for the top clubs. I do my homework. In my eyes their is one club that probably beats us for stuff going on and thats SeL

Having been in a few clubs ain't enough to know what you think you know!! And saying that there is 1 club that probably beats yours is very presumptuous. You just have no idea what some clubs out there are actually doing as far as special club events simply because some of them do their things within and you wouldn't know about it unless inside and seeing it for yourself - as i did when i was in 2 of these clubs out there.

Somethin' else. What is a ''top club'' anyway ?? The answer for you may not be the same answer for someone else ! Take the live chat programs as an example. There are quite a few out there and when i was in your club, i tried to get members to join in a live chat program so that we could talk together during some games instead of typing but none of you wanted anything to do with that. Many would argue that a ''top club'' must also have a live chat program used for members. There is also the fact that your club is more than 50% filled with low tier players and only 20% are Legends or above. Again, many would argue that for a club to be a ''top club'', most members must be at least TM. I could go on but i'll stop.

FF has many things going on. True. But please, try to keep your feet down on the ground and stay humble.

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 3:40 AM

Slee i didnt start this debate, I was just pointing out that we have more going on than the majority of other clubs. Which is true, numbers speak for themselves. I agree some clubs prefer smaller groups and have great bonds. I didnt say they weren't bad clubs just we have more going on.

This guy tried to make me sound like i was having a go at them, i wasnt. As i said though, not only have i been in a few i have spoken to alot of others and also check myself. I can see if a club has stuff going on. For example, during the us open, i had a look around to see what clubs where doing their own. Only a handful where. Im not having a go at them for not or for doing one that has say 200 credits up for grabs and only single figures enter it, again im just pointing out that we get more, put up more prizes and have more going on. 

If this guy wanted to prove me wrong then fine. Im happy to find out. I agree its not all about stuff going on but it plays a big part. Like i said that some clubs have Skype etc set up and are generally for them selective players. Thats fine, nothing against them. 

As for our members tiers. i would argue you need to have all legends and above to be a top club. A top club should be for all players, new, old, good, bad. Its just these clubs have been around longer so they have the majority of them high tiers. 

All i can say is what i see and believe. I dont think you will find a better new club out there. Only new clubs that beat us in stuff like xp/numbers etc even clash results are ones that are normally old members of a club who make a new one and its good for the first few months but then the circle starts all over again. 

Everyone can have different views. Some people would say the georgian is a top club. Others would say they are terrible. Some would say if a club cant even get a team together for the world cup Finny does is bad, we all have our views. Mine is what i said and if someone has a go at me i will defend my view with all truth and stats as they dont lie. 

All the best Will.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 5:14 AM

Please remember folks that not every club is perfect to all.

Everyone has different opinions on what's right or wrong.

More diverse clubs the better.

But also remember that club owners and directors, plus anyone else who helps out in clubs do it for no gain other than creating fun for others.

Peace.

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 7:29 AM

Williams01210021:
    If this guy wanted to prove me wrong then fine.

Williams01210021:
    This guy tried to make me sound like i was having a go at them, i wasnt

I dont see anywhere in this thread where you were having a go at a specific person so why would they have a go at you ? But your choice words seemed and insinuated that you were holding your nose up at other CC's not in YOUR 1% . My CC rocks and im only a member and there are plenty other CC's out there that are awesome more than 1 % brother . No need for proof I just think CC owners and members should support WGT and not down other WGT players and CC members and owners and your original Post does that IMO. 

• Tacoma802
    400 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 7:35 AM

@BigBlue and @slickhunter,

If you fellas enjoy the clash you would find incredible competition and dedication at The Penalty Box. As far as tournaments, we always have low entry fee tournaments with lots of extra credits added to the purse. We also always have custom tournaments running for our xp hunters. Along with all of the above, we also are running at least 2 average dropper tournaments at all times for our members striving to tier up.

Remember though, clashing is a membership requirement. If you don’t clash, we are not the club for you. Hit us up if you are interested.

~Taco

• SleemanMan
    1,125 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 7:50 AM

bubbsboy:

But also remember that club owners and directors, plus anyone else who helps out in clubs do it for no gain other than creating fun for others.

Peace.

Thumbs up for you man!! Especially the part i underlined.

And having been in FF for a short time and seen what Emily & Will are doing for the members, I sure can say that they do a lot for the club - so thumbs up to them also for all that they do!! My comment yesterday wasn't ill intended btw. It's just that the 99% and 1% part was too much in my opinion.

Peace to you all and let's carry on..................

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 8:04 AM

SleemanMan:

bubbsboy:

Peace.

Thumbs up for you man!! Especially the part i underlined.

And having been in FF for a short time and seen what Emily & Will are doing for the members, I sure can say that they do a lot for the club - so thumbs up to them also for all that they do!! My comment yesterday wasn't ill intended btw. It's just that the 99% and 1% part was too much in my opinion.

Peace to you all and let's carry on..................

+1

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Fri, Sep 28 2018 10:13 AM

bubbsboy:

Peace.

And this is why you have all of our deepest respect for you Bubbs at SEL and beyond

Cheers

• SinCityScorpion
    8 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 12:02 PM

I really like what Will said and can attest to what is written but will add our club has very helpful members to the newcomer. We are also a community of people that support each other past just a little online game. I have personally received the support of our members in our club while going through serious life stuff . If your club isn't close knit and almost like a little online family you may want to reconsider , that is unless your Tour Legend or above then stay where you are as I'm having trouble enough competing with fellow Legends as it is....😂😈😁

Kidding ! But I do hope your club is as warm and welcoming as ours.

Cheers

The Sinful One...

• PAGES
RSS