Forums

Help › Forums

Re: course settings

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 22 2018 9:36 PM (3 replies)
  • DJOlson4033
    11 Posts
    Sun, Sep 16 2018 8:34 PM

when I enter a tournament i can see the settings for the course to be played, but when i tee off the settings are not the same. I would practice with those settings only to find that when i played the real game i was not prepared. If you say, very fast greens and heavy winds then make sure thats what we play with, not standard and low winds when we tee off. Having to adjust at the last minute throws off my whole game plan.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Sep 20 2018 12:16 PM

DJ

If you haven't, you need to learn how to mapp your clubs, there are wind charts, putting tutorials,

There is all kind of helpful information if you type in the 'SEARCH' box to your right and click GO.

But you are doing the right thing, practice, practice and more practicing, However, WGT changes the paramaters to keep it Real.

But if you know what you clubs will do and you learn to manage the courses (course notes) per hole, you can develop you game to the level you want to go.

Last but not least, Have fun! it just a game and make some friends along the way.

Siders Best 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 9:51 AM

Good Advice SB

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Sep 22 2018 9:36 PM

Hi

SidersBest:

But if you know what you clubs will do and you learn to manage the courses (course notes) per hole, you can develop you game to the level you want to go.

Last but not least, Have fun! it just a game and make some friends along the way.

Couldn't have put it better SB.  After a while it becomes second nature, with only Bracket tourneys throwing up the odd nasty surprise.

DJOlson4033:

Having to adjust at the last minute throws off my whole game plan.

a game plan? mine's to get into the bar before it closes, or someone sees my card. You must be doing something right DJ ; )

Happy hittin' gents

Rich

RSS