Forums

Help › Forums

Re: To WGT, apparel?

Sun, Aug 15 2021 6:40 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2019 8:26 AM

I would have to double check or track this... but one way WGT may be trying to address this issue of rewarding maxed out apparel is they are now converting the "bonus" points into silver coins on those apparel items...  I have noticed at times I would receive 2000 silver coin bonus for a maxed out apparel item I no longer needed points to upgrade.  

That said, it would be nice if you were at least given a slightly higher chance of receiving points for an item that is not maxed out versus constantly being given points towards an item you already have maxed out... 

It is also my understanding if you select a specific sponsor apparel during your sponsor timer you are "suppose" to get at least one item from your selected sponsor rather than some other sponsor you have never selected, never use, and have never or rarely upgraded… what is the point of selecting a specific sponsor otherwise, let alone taking the time to unlock each one if you are just going to randomly assign what is awarded.  

Something to consider... it doesn't matter if you use an unlimited free ball or a 1000 credit ball... you still earn points. 

Also, it doesn't really matter which room you play in... the higher rooms may simply award more points but you can still earn significant number of points for all of your apparel in what qualify as lower stakes rooms... the points may just come in smaller increments 3 point versus 5 points. 

The difference is the number of coin matches you end up playing... but if you use a cheap or free ball you effectively lower the cost of what you are paying to upgrade your apparel.  -  So while technically free... you are still paying for sponsor apparel with your time and use of ball hits.  And, every point counts... if you forfeit a ton of matches you are also forfeiting the sponsor apparel point you would be awarded and over time those can add up, that is -- if you are playing on a sponsor timer.

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2019 10:22 AM

agreed. i quit watching videos for xp after each match just to get more play in on the sponsor pack timer. with 687/1000 points needed on my 5/5 and it only comes up periodically i figure a few months should do it...

I'm just glad i chose common gear and not rare or epic as those almost do not exist to max out.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2019 3:06 PM

You can’t earn apparel items playing ranked rounds, so h2h only. And I don’t purchase additional time. 

I used to play under sponsor 3 times a day when first started because my schedule allowed for it; but since the last 10 months or so only twice a day, sometimes only one or none at all.

Stick to single hole games is my advice; 30m will usually give you 6 games, maybe 7, and if you win all you get lots of items. If you only want to get items and not coins, then Chelsea is the room to be in. 

PS: the item will come; you have to be patient. I waited 3 days for the last 2 points for SE hat, but it will come. 

• NikolaIliev
    7 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 3:03 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience, guys. Glad to know I'm not the only guy playing for the apparel points.

Someone said he doesn't see what the problem with maxing out is, but I see a problem. And actually there is an easy solution. We would prefer to be able to choose where to spend our points, but even if the process continues to be random, all the devs need to do is to add another level - make it to require like 10,000 points and 10 million coins or something. This will remove the frustration of having hit the maxed out ceiling. I actually never even noticed where my points were going until I started hitting maxed out. 

My personal issue at the moment is not having enough coins to upgrade my apparel - I am way behind on upgrades and upgrade first my lowest level upgrades - currently level 5 and 10,000 coins. I used to try to upgrade my highest item, but after failing to reach 70,000 coins for a week, I decided to switch my strategy from the lowest level up. After all, it is easy to lose coins in a streak of bad luck against stronger opponents.

Just to repeat, my main fun in the game is upgrading my apparel. I am not planning on upgrading my clubs - I use l85 driver, l81 wood, l85 irons, l42 wedges, l44 putter, and the 99 coins ball.

On the apparel side, I have the following currently equipped:

Common Topgolf Visor l8 - can be upgraded but not enough coins

Common Topgolf Glove l8 - can be upgraded but not enough coins

Common CM Shoes l7 - currently collecting points for upgrade

Common Topgolf Shirt l9 - currently collecting points for upgrade

Common CM Knickers l7 - currently collecting points for upgrade

Funny thing is I don't even use my maxed out items lol

I will keep messaging the devs with my daily reports of maxed out items, hopefully they will make some move eventually.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 6:24 AM

el3n1:

Also, it doesn't really matter which room you play in... the higher rooms may simply award more points but you can still earn significant number of points for all of your apparel in what qualify as lower stakes rooms... the points may just come in smaller increments 3 point versus 5 points. 

In my experience, higher tier pack rooms confer a greater chance of hitting gold and platinum packs with wins. In Tour Champion pack rooms, there is roughly a 1 in 4 chance of hitting a gold pack and 1 in 20 of hitting a platinum pack when you win. For this reason, I'd suggest Tokyo is the best room to play in. It's the lowest entry single-hole room that offers Tour Champion tier packs.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 7:43 AM

fmagnets:
    In my experience, higher tier pack rooms confer a greater chance of hitting gold and platinum packs with wins.

Sounds Good.... I will trust your judgement / estimates... I never attempted to track the odds of those payouts but based it on observations given they were reported as being random assignments.  Thanks for offering insight!

The only thing I would caution developing players.... make sure your coin bankroll can manage or handle the swings if you take a shot at playing higher stakes.  If you go on "tilt" and try to chase losses in a higher stakes room, you can easily bankrupt yourself and it takes far longer trying to grind up coins in the smaller stakes rooms to pay for the apparel upgrades. 

Not to mention you might run into a player of Fmagnets caliber in those rooms.  : )  

With the showdown events and the PC early access version bringing more top notch desktop players into the coin rooms... the play will likely get even tougher.  

• Infyniti
    27 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 1:03 PM

fmagnets:
    In my experience, higher tier pack rooms confer a greater chance of hitting gold and platinum packs with wins

I agree with this statement. I've told many this. I think I've only received one platinum pack in Rio ever.And very few golds.

Numbers are probably fairly close to accurate on the golds and platinums for tokyo. Which is where I live.

Most non-Turf Wars i'm in Tokyo chaining apparel rounds trying to get points for my epic and rare items.

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 4:44 AM

SMOKEshack0:

agreed. i quit watching videos for xp after each match just to get more play in on the sponsor pack timer. with 687/1000 points needed on my 5/5 and it only comes up periodically i figure a few months should do it...

I'm just glad i chose common gear and not rare or epic as those almost do not exist to max out.

**Update: after writing this post, ive noticed a significant difference in how often i am seeing my last apparel upgrade for 5/5 max out. now its at least once a day and usually once or twice per sponsor pack session played. so from my angle, thats a proper thanks and good looking out to WGT for the bumps!

(also last nights crash of the game and site was laugh out loud funny to me as i envisioned dudes all over the planet freaking out on a Friday night as the platform disappeared, although customer service hmu within minutes of that event for an unrelated issue. i told them about it, they acknowledged and followed up.. more good things from WGT staff imo-

• Nav919
    330 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2021 6:40 PM

fmagnets:

el3n1:

In my experience, higher tier pack rooms confer a greater chance of hitting gold and platinum packs with wins. In Tour Champion pack rooms, there is roughly a 1 in 4 chance of hitting a gold pack and 1 in 20 of hitting a platinum pack when you win. For this reason, I'd suggest Tokyo is the best room to play in. It's the lowest entry single-hole room that offers Tour Champion tier packs.

It might seem that was with the bigger boxes, and it would seem to point to being in the bigger room, but I think it's more to do with your scoring regardless of which room tour in. An Eagle on a High index hole on a win will definitely see a Platinum box somewhere down the line. The box tho doesn't have to have anything other than Silver coins.

Buying a Platinum box gives 108 items with 10 being Rare or Epic + 50 Sponsorship Reputation. So REPUTATION is earned by competing (wins or losses), and paids accordingly. 

• PAGES
RSS