Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lip outs:

Thu, Feb 13 2020 10:59 PM (61 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 11:30 AM

I think it is possible to identify a "potential" variable that could be manipulated … without declaring it is absolute fact or known.  

Many people discuss various factors including wind influencing putts on the greens... still it can be any number of things that allow the game to play differently...

Aside from being easy or forward tees, consider how much easier they seem to play and how many more putts seem to fall in those rounds...

I know I have played some tournaments when it seemed like I couldn't miss but when I transition to the BOP5 in higher level conditions... the game seems to play qualitatively more difficult.  Putts that seemed to fall effortlessly are now missing...

Again, not saying anything definitely... but merely observations can sometimes lead one to feel a certain way given how they are experiencing the game or noticing when they do play...

It seems entirely plausible that variables could be built into the game that different tiers and different tees have different "parameters" regardless of what we try to label them but any number of those variables could be adjusted in order for different tiers or tee sets to play differently in order to assist players with moving up the levels.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 12:20 PM

pmm711:

Mythanatos:
    also just as a general point they shrink the "hole size" as you tier up.

The first 4 characters of your WGT name is the only thing that comes to mind in response to that remark.

as i said play 15-20 coin matches in a low tier coin room and pay attention to the putts that a hack or amateur does .. the ball goes in the hole as much as a full ball further outside what we are used to.  as i said they go in without even hitting the hole on the screen.

if you don't do what I'm saying then you really don't know what you're talking about. 

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 8:02 PM

Just be grateful you don't have lips like Mick Jagger

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 8:57 AM

Mythanatos,

i presume you know what your nick name means in Greek..

Very unusual indeed!!

:)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 8:59 AM

Yiannis1970:

Mythanatos,

i presume you know what your nick name means in Greek..

Very unusual indeed!!

:)

i do indeed. 

• Lute345
    2,483 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 12:26 PM

It's funny I see this post was active because I just finished playing a 100 credit St. Andy's Ready Go and set a new personal record for number of LIPOUTS in a single round with 7 of the SOB's!! Two were complete horseshoes!! It's also somewhat coincidental that there will be a "CC Event" starting tomorrow as well. It seems as though the two go hand in hand!! Just sayin'.

Lute

• GaryBarc
    216 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 7:36 AM

I really do believe that lip outs are just WGT's way of creating more ball strikes hence more ball sales. It adds up with the number of players WGT has.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 8:24 AM

GaryBarc:

I really do believe that lip outs are just WGT's way of creating more ball strikes hence more ball sales. It adds up with the number of players WGT has.

But putts don't count as strikes on your ball

_CHAMPION 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 8:32 AM

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2019 8:53 AM

I'm gonna use putter all the way round then 

What do ya mean ya thought I already did ;-)

RSS