Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Apparel Abilities

Wed, Jun 7 2023 5:41 PM (20 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 12:41 PM

#flatstick96  … 

now all mobile platforms may have some differences... but you should still have access to the items you have already earned... what changed was the menu's and selection process.  

Yes, you can pay for the option of reassigning attributes which you already know about... but you should still be able to tap on and "equip" and item...

---the problem or bug being reported and I too have observed... is the menu options after you select the hat's available... does not appear to "scroll properly" so some people are not able to scroll down or through all of the options... this is bug related and could be specific to your mobile device as it may be with mine... for example apple users may not be having any problem but android tablet users may be having trouble scrolling down...

however for the options I do see and can access... I can still tap on and "equip" that item and back out of that section and it still saves those changes to my avatar... you should be able to do the same depending on the type of issues you are having... but in that case you should be writing down your mobile platform, the operating software, model type etc... and submitting it to customer support so they can work on a fix or update...

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 12:45 PM

flatstick96:

I get the idea of paying for the ADDITIONAL functionality of "cross-assigning" attributes across different pieces of apparel.  No issue with that whatsoever.

My issue is with taking something that was already free (basic management of the existing apparel) and suddenly charging for that functionality.  If I tried out a piece of apparel yesterday (for free), then decided that I don't like it, do I now have to pay 500 credits to take it off and put the stock apparel back on?  That's what it looks like.  And if that's indeed how it works, that is a shitty move by WGT, IMO.

not the case. see my comment other thread. hope it becomes more clear.

• plekieu
    119 Posts
    Thu, Feb 24 2022 6:03 PM

agree totally

• FlashDragon1
    3 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2023 6:52 AM

If I’m reading you right, I think you still misunderstand. You aren’t paying to manage your apparel or switch back to the original. You can change your apparel as many times as you want. The 500 credits is so that you can choose to wear different apparel for appearance purposes only. For example, let’s say you choose an SE hat bc you want extra driver distance. So you select that for its functionality. When you look at your player, you see that hat. 
    The idea of the 500 credits is so that you can select your 5 items for functionality, but select different apparel just for show. Let’s say the items you want to select don’t match well, you can still choose them for functionality, but choose whatever apparel you want for appearances. Maybyou like the way the black pants and red shirt looks, but you don’t want their abilities. You pay 500 credits just to have whatever appearance you want. 
    Personally, I couldn’t care less how I look. No matter how many credits I have, I’d rather save them for balls, especially now that WGT has limited the daily amount we can accumulate by watching free ads.

They still do shady things, like the BS option to buy balls for some random stranger you’ll never see again  I don’t mind the option  I mind that they intentionally put it in the same spot that the “continue” button appears, so if you’re playing on a 30 min timer and moving quickly, you could hit it unintentionally, and there is no confirmation button. It immediately drains your credits for whatever balls your opponent is using which could exceed 1200 credits. That is shady. 

• Squatch031
    162 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2023 7:07 AM

Take if from someone who has been through all this. The apparel enhancement is a scam.  I quit using all the clothing and my game is as good or better than it was before.  Save you money and upgrade clubs and balls.

• mojouk1
    55 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2023 2:25 AM

FlashDragon1:
    They still do shady things, like the BS option to buy balls for some random stranger you’ll never see again  I don’t mind the option  I mind that they intentionally put it in the same spot that the “continue” button appears, so if you’re playing on a 30 min timer and moving quickly, you could hit it unintentionally, and there is no confirmation button. It immediately drains your credits for whatever balls your opponent is using which could exceed 1200 credits. That is shady.

Thats happened to me a few times. And accidently purchasing sponsorship or country club passes too on occasion, they don't ask for confirmation either. I've taken this up with WGT and it just falls on deaf ears. It's definitely done deliberately with the sole intention of draining credits but they're never going to admit it.

• donalddlu
    59 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2023 8:48 AM

I payed the 500 credits to be able to wear different apparel, I got all bonuses but my driver. It's back to normal distance.

• Squatch031
    162 Posts
    Sat, Feb 18 2023 6:54 AM

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the apparel bonus DOES NOT WORK!  Before I got wise, I would spend lots of coins upgrading my apparel when available.  Example:  I had a hat that reportedly added 37 yards to my drive and kept upgrading.  After realizing that tournaments do not allow apparel bonuses, I purchase clothing in the pro shop and went with non-bonus apparel.  I use a Callaway Rogue driver with a distance of around 282 yard.  After I started using non-bonus clothing, I am still hitting around 282 yards.

• golfer00435
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2023 7:51 PM

It does not add "37 yards" 

It's +37. I think the SE Hat maxes out at +80 and it adds about 20 yards it seems like every 4 units is 1 yard.

In your case, +37 means you should get an addition of 9 or 10 yards on your driver.

Good luck and score well.

• PureGro1
    1,654 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2023 6:20 PM

golfer00435:

It does not add "37 yards" 

It's +37. I think the SE Hat maxes out at +80 and it adds about 20 yards it seems like every 4 units is 1 yard.

In your case, +37 means you should get an addition of 9 or 10 yards on your driver.

Good luck and score well.

RSS