Help › Forums

Re: Where Are The New Courses??

Thu, Sep 19 2019 1:51 PM (71 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2019 12:50 PM

TopShelf2010:

nammvett:
    I doubt if we'll EVER SEE a new course again.  Get used to it...what you see is all you'll ever get!

Not to derail this thread, but is there any particular reason there are no country club tournament scores in your Score History? The only reason I ask, is that with a Course Builder a country club can create their own courses. And this would in turn, give you some variety until the time comes that WGT does in fact add more courses.

Curious, so I had a quick look at the score histories of seven of the membership of that CC and there was not a single club tournament showing up in any of them, including the owner and a director. 

I guess it's just not that kind of club.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Aug 13 2019 1:04 PM

• nammvett
    123 Posts
    Tue, Aug 20 2019 8:59 AM

Wutpa:

nammvett:
    I'd be willing to bet that we will never see another new course...not by Christmas,  not NEVER!

That would be a particularly silly bet to make, especially since WGT have already said we're getting a full version of one of the Bandon courses. But go right ahead if throwing your money away gives you pleasure.

I'll stick with my statement.

• Kristoff181
    45 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 9:00 AM

Thank you...it is an awesome format.  Any new courses in the pipeline? Don't have to tell me what...just maybe when? 

Thanks again

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 4:25 PM

Bandon Full 18 (Par 4's & 5's along with par 3's) in 2020

• DirtyDuffer
    876 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 2:26 AM

Welcomed Back Oakmont...

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2019 12:11 PM

nammvett:

Wutpa:

nammvett:
    I'd be willing to bet that we will never see another new course...not by Christmas,  not NEVER!

That would be a particularly silly bet to make, especially since WGT have already said we're getting a full version of one of the Bandon courses. But go right ahead if throwing your money away gives you pleasure.

I'll stick with my statement.

Welcome to the real world......................   OAKMONT!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Sep 15 2019 4:41 AM

andwhy67:
    nammvett:

Well after the return of Oakmont, I’m quite prepared to eat a large slice of humble pie.

• jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Wed, Sep 18 2019 8:57 PM

Oakmont will never be the easiest course, but I always thought it was one of most fun ones, so I am thrilled it is back.

And additional pin positions on PB is great too.

So we have to give WGT some credit this year.  

Someone complained we might not get more US Open courses.  That is not the be all and end all.  Who is complaining about Wolf Creek?

I would actually like a European (non-UK) course, an Australian one, or something outside the US just for variety.

Going to a specific course, it would be the Europa Club in Ireland.  I actually played it 1 year after Tiger Woods ... who shot a 65 (it was peak of his career) … and the owner who was there complained ... when I noticed Tiger's scorecard on the wall ... I designed this course so nobody could shoot a 69, much less a 65.  And you have to walk it unless you have a disability.  (Also, as a 13 handicap at the time, I shot a 90 and I thought it was one of the best rounds of my life with the winds howling off the Irish Sea.)

But the course where the ladies play the Evian Championship would work too.  Very narrow, sort of like Whistler.

Of course, WGT could buy out TruGolf and make Whistler and Cabo free.  That might happen sooner if we would stop spending credits to play them.

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Thu, Sep 19 2019 11:53 AM

Carnoustie would be a great addition.

RSS