Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Not Secure website

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 3 2018 3:54 AM (5 replies)
  • tanneralis
    419 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 4:40 PM

In the last few days WGT has become a not secure website when i open the site, has anyone else had this happen cause i haven't changed any settings or anything 

Regards,

Tanneralis.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 4:42 PM

The important part is secure.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 12:38 AM

It's just Chrome's attempt to try to stop people entering sensitive information into webpages that are not secure, by labelling them as Not secure (http) and Secure (https).

I believe there used to be a padlock on secure pages but I guess that wasn't obvious enough.

• ayrdale130
    9 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2018 1:09 PM

So Scott, if we go in through a different avenue ie edge, it should be secure?   I haven't purchased anything since the site became "not secure", not worth the risk in having my credit card information compromised.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Nov 2 2018 1:59 PM

ayrdale130:
    haven't purchased anything since the site became "not secure"

The page where you go to buy credits is secure. Go there and see for yourself. You can't even see your friends list it's so secure. That's the important page.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Nov 3 2018 3:54 AM

Hi ayrdale

First of all, YJ is correct.

No matter what browser you're using, the place where card details etc. are entered is secure. There is not a problem there.

When you see the not secure warning it doesn't mean the site per se is not secure, it just means that the site is using an old security certificate. This stems from a row between Google and Symantec (if I remember correctly) a while ago now.

You can safely buy what ever it is you need, with a card or however it is you do it, without fear of it being unsafe. That is a secure transaction between yourself and the company that deals with it for WGT.
    *What happens to your details after that though is a whole different ball game. It seems every week customer details get compromised (airlines atm) which is why I don't use a credit card.

ScottHope:

I believe there used to be a padlock on secure pages but I guess that wasn't obvious enough.

Correct, as ever Scott.
    Odd that Google cause a futtock over this issue and other much more important topics get ignored or swept under the rug.

Cheers!

Rich

RSS