Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is there a country club

Thu, Aug 16 2018 11:56 PM (7 replies)
  • chickenroyal
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 11:07 AM

Hi all.long time player,first time poster.I was wondering if there is a country club where no aids are allowed apart from the information the game itself provides.I dont even know if this is possible,but its how I like to play. Thanks.

• MKALER
    1,288 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 12:04 PM

Sent you an invite and friend request. 

We only play using knowledge and skill mate. Hope to see you as a 3 Lions CC member soon. 

Mark

• Williams01210021
    1,231 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 12:40 PM

We at Fairway Fanatic's dont like to have people that spend 90 seconds on a shot, we have some good members who just love to play the game. Some will use the putting charts thats about it. We like fair competition though so we have a handicap system and have multiple monthly events which we use them in. 

We also have a academy set up to help lower tiers and new players with their game. 

If you are looking for a fun club that isn't to serious but has plenty going on then come join us. 

Ta Will.

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 2:47 PM

Hi all.long time player,first time poster.I was wondering if there is a country club where no aids are allowed apart from the information the game itself provides.I dont even know if this is possible,but its how I like to play. Thanks.

[/quote]

wow a member since 2009 and your first post?[quote user="chickenroyal"]

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2018 8:16 PM

Well, you can play however you like.  Putter pal and shot pal are a perk when you join a country club if you want to use them.  Some do and some do not use them.

Have a look at TPC.  We would welcome you and give you tips if you need them.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/508439.aspx

Blessings,

Marion :-)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 8:16 AM

i use a calculator here or there. i probably do 80% of the math in my head but i use it from time to time.

• SEARAY27
    313 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 9:19 AM

What's the difference if you do your calculating in your head or on a calculator, or a spreadsheet ? The math works out the same no matter how you figure it. Math is Math.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 11:56 PM

SEARAY27:

What's the difference if you do your calculating in your head or on a calculator, or a spreadsheet ? The math works out the same no matter how you figure it. Math is Math.

I believe he was referring to a calculator as an "aid" as mentioned in the original post and replies.

Of course, I use a calculator to determine sines and cosines of angles - otherwise it makes my head hurt and I go off on a tangent.....

RSS