Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Terrible ball roll

Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:46 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JayNooberson
    2 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 3:44 AM

Yes but how are we supposed t ok upgrade without paying real money for them? Can't win tournaments because of people putting up low 50s every single round. How else are we new players supposed to take this?

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 11:51 AM

JayNooberson:

Yes but how are we supposed t ok upgrade without paying real money for them? Can't win tournaments because of people putting up low 50s every single round. How else are we new players supposed to take this?

Like every other new player who won't/can't spend real money here...Spend time instead earning 'free' credits.  There are many here such as myself who spend time rather than cash and have all the equipment/balls they desire.

Not easy, not fun, but very do-able especially for those in the USA

Thomas

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 5:49 PM

newcastleb:

JayNooberson:

Like every other new player who won't/can't spend real money here...Spend time instead earning 'free' credits.  There are many here such as myself who spend time rather than cash and have all the equipment/balls they desire.

Not easy, not fun, but very do-able especially for those in the USA

Thomas

+1 on what Thomas said regarding the credits.

For Jay, here is the deal, you have just started to play, and as pointed out, to score well you do need good clubs, but you also need experience and skill. It does take a long time to learn the game if you want to score well.

However, there can be differences, as I see someone, in one of the unlimited weeklies Jay played, scored a decent 28 as a hack, first day on WGT. Now that is some learning curve....I will call the person Punch ....but to score like that straight out is impressive, or is it just a pathetic loser/multi? The thrill of stealing candy from kids must excite such sad people. Unfortunately, it is often the norm rather than an exception.

But it is also demoralizing for genuine newbies like Jay, so my advice is earn the free credits, accrue them until you can get a good set of clubs, wedges and putter (don't hurry as lower clubs will not last), learn the game and the courses and above all, have fun.

To WGT, remove these people from the game and the leaderboards as soon as discovered, so genuine players can get a slice of a few credits.

But the game for many of us, is not the tournament score you card, but the fun you have playing it. You can have as much fun challenge yourself with starters kit.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 8:41 PM

#jay .... looks like you played in a mobile tournament so... you should have access to a couple key things that can help you until you can get better clubs... 

On mobile you can rent mobile coin rental sets with the coins you win or earn by leveling up... those rentals will save you buying lower end equipmt that you would replace a short time later.... this means you need to focus on learning the game and how to get up n down ... manage the course... develop your putting...

So when you do get better equipmt you will be better equippied to use it.

I basically played starter gear and coin rentals until i got into level 50... is that a grind yes... but i learned alot along the way...

By doing so you can also slowly build a credit bankroll by doing 2 credit videos... you can eventually cover all of ur needed club n ball purchases.  

Dont worry about the people that are restarting using multi account or cheating... avoid them and find people you enjoy playing with and that will offer help if needed. .. play the free weekly tournaments but dont waste credits on ready gos until your game is ready and you have the clubs you feel confident in

Lastly scour the forums... there are lots of tips and suggestions... if you dont want to spend alot of money... you need to plan and be patient...

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Sep 26 2018 10:46 PM

JayNooberson:
    Yes but how are we supposed t ok upgrade without paying real money for them?
    You aren't, unless your time ain't precious.

Since you rely on the FTP slogan, you should add it's second part: PTW!

JayNooberson:
    How else are we new players supposed to take this?
    With golfers' virtues:

Patience, modesty, humility.

• PAGES
RSS