Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tournament Scores...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 17 2011 2:32 AM (25 replies)
  • EyesonEagles
    6 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2011 5:55 PM

It's not real...pretty much a joke if you ask me. I've got way better clubs than the starters and I'll never shoot in the 50's on any course...and that's from the tour pro tees. To do it on the champion tees is impossible. With that being said...good luck to ya! LOL

• ahsiab
    40 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 7:03 AM

borntobesting:

You have been playing here over a year and are still using starter and beginner clubs? Only the best of the best would even have a chance to qualify playing with those clubs. Spend a little money and get some better clubs and see what you can do. 

For me if I could putt better I would have qualified Sunday night. I had a 60 and left at least 4 birdies out there that a good putter would have made.But not with the clubs you are playing with. I played a round in the U.S. Open qualifier using the starters and shot a 78 or so but with my good clubs I managed a 62 missing the cut by 3 because of 3 3 putt bogies,  

"For me IF I could putt better I would have qualified Sunday night. "

"IF" is a word that people use for an excuses and dreams!

• mongo441
    412 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 12:19 PM

jjjazzy:

I saw that, come on, 57 to make the cut.  Why bother even trying. I have played for over a year and there is no way I am going to even brake 70 on that course. I suppose you have to buy all the best clubs to get any kind of decent performance. It's very frustrating, Makes you want to just forget the tournaments. 

The  best of the best make the cuts for the "Opens".  Considering how many people play this game, it is not unbelievable that 150-200 people can shoot that low.  This game takes practice and practice and then once you do that, practice some more. As you progress in the game, you will start learning how to get the ball closer on approaches. Learning the greens and breaks takes time and eventually you will start making putts instead of lipping them.  You just can't expect to win premium tournaments  without beating the best players and expect scores to be average.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 2:05 PM

ahsiab:

borntobesting:

You have been playing here over a year and are still using starter and beginner clubs? Only the best of the best would even have a chance to qualify playing with those clubs. Spend a little money and get some better clubs and see what you can do. 

For me if I could putt better I would have qualified Sunday night. I had a 60 and left at least 4 birdies out there that a good putter would have made.But not with the clubs you are playing with. I played a round in the U.S. Open qualifier using the starters and shot a 78 or so but with my good clubs I managed a 62 missing the cut by 3 because of 3 3 putt bogies,  

"For me IF I could putt better I would have qualified Sunday night. "

"IF" is a word that people use for an excuses and dreams!

No not an excuse just the facts. I don't putt well. I lay the blame squarely where it belongs. On me. An excuse would have been" I would have qualified but i got metered on 3 or 4 crucial shots". You see that kind of excuse all the time. But my meter is smooth all the time, I just don't putt well but i am working on it and i am improving slowly but surely.

• gshaver
    19 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 4:51 PM

MBaggese:

gshaver:

Ban me, mock me, bash me, black ball me, do whatever you want, but no one will ever convince me that somebody can shoot a 54 on 18 holes on any of these courses without the aid of some software or some type of gaming mouse that can stop the meter perfect every time. A regular joe like me actually playing the game will never shoot a score like that, no matter what clubs and balls I use. Jus' sayin'.........

Nice edit...

why di you remove the references to CHEAT SOFTWARE...you had in caps?

Was this directed towards me? If so, I don't have a clue what you are talking about. I didn't edit anything. I didn't type anything in all caps, and I didn't reference CHEAT SOFTWARE.....I said that I think some have software or hardware to help them hit perfect shots every time. If I knew of cheat software, do you think I would be on the forum complaining about other peoples scores? Heck no, I'd be out there shooting 54 in tournaments and claiming it takes the best equipment, knowing every bump in the course, and also practice, practice practice. Oh yeah, I'd also be on here talking about the people accusing me of "cheating". But hey, that's just what I would do........

• ahsiab
    40 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 2:32 AM

"No not an excuse just the facts. I don't putt well. I lay the blame squarely where it belongs. On me. An excuse would have been" I would have qualified but i got metered on 3 or 4 crucial shots". You see that kind of excuse all the time. But my meter is smooth all the time, I just don't putt well but i am working on it and i am improving slowly but surely."

I wish the you best with your putting. I am also trying to improve my putting game as I suspect most people are. Sometimes those breaks are a difficult read.

RSS