Forums

Help › Forums

Re: The Pebble Qualifier

Fri, Aug 24 2018 12:20 PM (39 replies)
  • DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2018 5:31 AM
    I think Wgt should scrap all the prizes or trips and just deal in credits. Extend the elite pro shop and let players decide what they want. We've even had 1 player turn down the US Open trip because it would cost too much in taxes. It's a prize, a gift, it shouldn't cost anything in taxes.
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2018 9:41 AM

JoeMaverick:

Yiannis1970:
    When i am talking about the prize, i mean the big prize. There are always credits involved for the qualifiers, the winners of the brackets.

When I read the rules, my interpretation is that only eligible players will advance to the bracket, so you (and me) won't get any credits from the tournament. I hope to be wrong of course...

I believe you are, otherwise it does not make sense, neither common nor legal. We all got paid (in credits) partecipating at the VUSO, don't we?

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2018 11:50 AM

lonniescott711:
    I didnt write the information which I read I only relayed it . There must have been some truth since Yiannis knew the law that I was speaking as well as its change , which the article failed to mention .

Not really, you pulled out an ill-informed opinion out of your *** when you told Y he's excluded due to the laws of his country. 

lonniescott711:
    Keep your replies to the posters and leave everyone else alone .

Besides the fact this is a public forum, I don't see you replying to BigDog anywhere here.

lonniescott711:
    None of my replies were trolling posts as trolling is not what I do

Would agree. I'd have a different word for it.

• JoeMaverick
    843 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2018 12:25 PM

Yiannis1970:

I believe you are, otherwise it does not make sense, neither common nor legal. We all got paid (in credits) partecipating at the VUSO, don't we?

In the VUSO all the players are allowed to participate to the competition even if they are not eligible. Here my understanding is that the not eligible players like you and me won't be in the bracket. So if I'm right, either they give the credits before filling in the bracket, or they fill in the bracket and give the credits to the 32 participants...

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2018 1:14 PM

JoeMaverick:

Yiannis1970:

In the VUSO all the players are allowed to participate to the competition even if they are not eligible. Here my understanding is that the not eligible players like you and me won't be in the bracket. So if I'm right, either they give the credits before filling in the bracket, or they fill in the bracket and give the credits to the 32 participants...

What i get is that everyone can play and win the credits involved, but with the current status quo not everyone is eligible for the big prize. If you play in the bracket and win it, you won't go to Atlanta but you will win the credits...same thing as the VUSO...will see.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 10:20 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

lonniescott711:
    I didnt write the information which I read I only relayed it . There must have been some truth since Yiannis knew the law that I was speaking as well as its change , which the article failed to mention .

Not really, you pulled out an ill-informed opinion out of your *** when you told Y he's excluded due to the laws of his country. 

lonniescott711:
    Keep your replies to the posters and leave everyone else alone .

Besides the fact this is a public forum, I don't see you replying to BigDog anywhere here.

lonniescott711:
    None of my replies were trolling posts as trolling is not what I do

Would agree. I'd have a different word for it.

Yes this is a public forum and it has rules about trolling and disrupting threads . Dont know why your thong is in a twist and really dont care . If you are going to quote me then please use the entire quote . Dont use snippets and take everything out of context because thats what trolls do . 

So now that you know , you may proceed to troll on . Have a nice day . :-)

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 12:03 PM

Lonnie i'm curious about a couple of things.  Is everyone who suggests your opinion isn't neccesarily a fact trolling?

Vaib quoted only complete sentences, what did he take out of context, and how? 

Have some nice games :-)

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 1:50 PM

DodgyPutter:

Lonnie i'm curious about a couple of things.  Is everyone who suggests your opinion isn't neccesarily a fact trolling?

Vaib quoted only complete sentences, what did he take out of context, and how? 

Have some nice games :-)

Actually no I dont . But I see whats going on . Since you two are in the same club I guess he felt you couldnt handle your own conversation with me . The fact that all he wants to do is attack me  shows that . Out of all of the other posts he just like you had something snide to say about my replies to Yiannis .

Which of course had nothing to do with either one of you . If Yiannis took no offence to my posts or replies to him . Then why should either one of you . Neither one of your replies were to him just me by the way and neither are helpful in any way to the thread .

But dont think that either one of you are going to be rude or disrespectful to me and that Im not going to say something about it . In fact both you and your girl friend can both kiss my a$$ as I dont care about either one of you . He wants to co-sign and make comments to me about nothing and here you come lip locking on his zipper .

So you girls go and continue to swap spit with each other . You will both be just fine after all you play with each other all of the time anyway . Now run along I would hate for you to be late for cheer leader practice .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 2:38 PM

lonniescott711:
    aib quoted only complete sentences, what did he take out of context, and how?

Hmmm. I missed the answer but I got all the homophobic insults.

lonniescott711:

In fact both you and your girl friend can both kiss my a$ as I dont care about either one of you . He wants to co-sign and make comments to me about nothing and here you come lip locking on his zipper .

So you girls go and continue to swap spit with each other . You will both be just fine after all you play with each other all of the time anyway . Now run along I would hate for you to be late for cheer leader practice .

You really are a bully, fortunately a rather ineffectual so you should be ok on that at least.

lonniescott711:

Out of all of the other posts he just like you had something snide to say about my replies to Yiannis .

Which of course had nothing to do with either one of you . If Yiannis took no offence to my posts or replies to him . Then why should either one of you . Neither one of your replies were to him just me by the way and neither are helpful in any way to the thread .

It's not just about Yiannis, a lot of people can't win the prize.  You just happend to badly reaserch Greek law and report your findings as fact, apparently I shouldn't have commented on that.  Why would my replies be to Yiannis (if that's what you're saying)?

I didn't want to quote out of context so put both paragraphs, really I'm reffering to the sentence that starts in the first and finishes in the second paragraph and the question relates to the next sentence.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2018 12:20 PM

lonniescott711:
    Yes this is a public forum and it has rules about trolling and disrupting threads .

Nothing more disruptive than trying to pass off an unsubstantiated *** opinion as fact but ofc you know that already!

lonniescott711:

But dont think that either one of you are going to be rude or disrespectful to me and that Im not going to say something about it . In fact both you and your girl friend can both kiss my a$ as I dont care about either one of you . He wants to co-sign and make comments to me about nothing and here you come lip locking on his zipper .

What you might call an insult, I call it outing yourself as an off the rails, homophobic ****** ;)
RSS