Help › Forums

Re: PUTTING!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 13 2018 2:12 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • iforgotmyclubs
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 12 2018 4:30 PM

Hey all, the biggest problem I'm having with this game is putting. I can never seem to get it right. Any tips or pointers on how to improve this?

• System3
    47 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2018 2:12 PM

If you havnt try off ding putting. Instead of moving the flag hit the ball either side of the ding

depending on the break. It worked great for me BUT above turnament greens it

often will not work.

Good luck    LFOD !

iforgotmyclubs:

Hey all, the biggest problem I'm having with this game is putting. I can never seem to get it right. Any tips or pointers on how to improve this?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2018 10:27 PM

Like many things, the best approach for me was to begin by (1) going over the putting lesson, (2) working on the practice putting greens, (3) searching these forums for "putting tips", and (4) searchiing youtube for some WGT putting tips.

There are a number of tips in these forums and I found several youtube videos to explain different tips.

After that - it is just a lot of practice!

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2018 11:35 PM

first know your distances.....learn your speed green like its second nature to you....if you calculate distance there are ways to work out......example 13 speed greens...genarally flat putt .70 example 20ft putt = 20 x .70 = 14 ft then learn your uphill and downhill formula......after you know your distances practice and practice learning to read break.....imagine avg dots moving across a grid well 10 ft putt would move around a full grid .....find your feel with that in mind and then just keep practising in practice green mode......good luck

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 2:00 AM

abbielb:

first know your distances.....learn your speed green like its second nature to you....if you calculate distance there are ways to work out......example 13 speed greens...genarally flat putt .70 example 20ft putt = 20 x .70 = 14 ft then learn your uphill and downhill formula......after you know your distances practice and practice learning to read break.....imagine avg dots moving across a grid well 10 ft putt would move around a full grid .....find your feel with that in mind and then just keep practising in practice green mode......good luck

My putting has improved considerably, since I purposely missing the Ding off left or right. I feel it’s the best part of my game. I even like better when the putt has big break..but yeah, practice is your best bet.

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 2:26 AM

off ding can be very helpful.....alot of players use off ding.....i do prefer to ding my putts if they are straightish.....but off ding on big breaking putts is a good technique to learn also

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 3:18 AM

You've currently got less than 700 putts under your belt. The bestest putterists on here have 10's or even 100's of thousands of putts behind them. Don't expect too much too soon.  ; )

• poppagolf
    55 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 3:24 AM

Quite right..i call it off-setting..helps keep the ball a bit. straighter on a severe slope..l-r..r-l...it is quite effective

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 4:58 AM

SlickHunter:

abbielb:

My putting has improved considerably, since I purposely missing the Ding off left or right. I feel it’s the best part of my game. I even like better when the putt has big break..but yeah, practice is your best bet.

Yes but depends on which putter you use as well. I found the Spider putters to work best for misdingers like me as well. But that technique works well on hard breaks . But alot of times hitting the ding is the best way to go once you learn the breaks. Kiawiah is a mess on their greens so dont practice there lol. Groundskeeper should be shot dunno how he still has his job there. ⛳

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2018 5:31 AM

iforgotmyclubs:

Yeah first off you need to start playing more . You have a 5 year old account and only 30 ranked rounds . You dont play or even practice . Then you expect to be good at any part of the game . If you want to play better then put your time in . Apply your self and play the game . All of the other advice is worthless until you do .

• PAGES
RSS