Help › Forums

Re: Endgame wedges

Sun, Sep 2 2018 9:06 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2018 9:23 AM

lonniescott711:

Also the Mac Daddy wedges dont have a 64 degree wedge . This is their short coming and to many players dismay .It made no sense to us as players as to why the wedges were made this way . Which is also why many of the top players dont have them as well .

When the MD's first came out IRL there wasn't a 64* variant available, which I assume is why they didn't add one in-game.  Now, IRL, there *is* a 64* MD available, but for reasons I don't understand, they've never added it in-game.  That's why I have the one oddball Cleveland wedge in my bag (the 64*).

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 4:20 AM

It's a crux of many wedge sets that they are missing a 50-60 yds club, or that their yardage is rather weird.

One workaround might be to use a short lower tier wedge, like the L40 ATV of 50 yds. I started with them (resp. the former Z Satins), and I kept the 64° (50 yds) while upgrading the longer ones. It blends in perfectly, and it performs well enough for me, concerning roll. With the longer Satins, roll was too much though.

Of course, a top player will need three top wedges, but for recreation, it might be enough. In fact, I have three different types, a reminscence to one of the best, Bollox.

• Faz2000
    93 Posts
    Sun, Sep 2 2018 9:06 PM

I'm not a "top" player by any stretch of the imagination, but the Cleveland wedges are pretty great. Supreme scoring confidence from anything inside 100 yards.

Sensational when "punched", too. The 64 degree punched is a surgical tool around the green.

With punch shots have full power lengths of 100, 84, 80, 68, 60, 50 yds. A bit extra spin back or forwards, a slight backing off of power and you can definitely get a sinkable birdie putt with damn near every approach.

• PAGES
RSS